TN: 2013 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Brea Vigna Ca'mia

• 2013 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Brea Vigna Ca’mia - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (12/6/2019)
    I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about opening this too early…It was lovely!!! A smoky nose, black cherry, orange rind, tar, & clove. The palate is elegant, lifted, and leads through a melange of red fruit, leather, and spice. This wine needs the fat of food to balance it out right now.While this wine is clearly outstanding, this is a wine that really needs another 10-15+ years sideways to start accessing it’s full potential, and maybe longer. Outstanding!!

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks. I do love the Brovia wines, but try not to open them too early! I have a 2004 on deck for the holidays.

A 2006 Brovia Villero stole the show at my wedding…and there was some stiff competition. We opened a bunch of nice wines because the total party was only 22 people. If you have some of those definitely pull one up from the cellar to check out.

Nice note. I love Brovia and the’99 Ca Mia was right on point last year. I have a couple of ‘13 base Barolo that I want to get to this winter.

I tried the 2013 base earlier this year and found it so terribly shut down that it was not even remotely pleasurable, even on day 2. As we often do, we bought 13 bottles so we could taste one early. Based on that, I will not touch another for one for at least a few years.

I am surprised to hear the Ca’mia was accessible at all. I’ll throw that data point in the mix.

Great note. This wine was my favorite from the tasting at the cantina with Alex prior to release. Glad to hear it is still showing well!

I had an 06 recently that I agree was in a good spot. Glad the 13 is showing well for the OP…but it’s not going to tempt me to open my case.