TN: 2007 Domaine du Clos de Tart Clos de Tart

• 2007 Domaine du Clos de Tart Clos de Tart - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos de Tart Grand Cru (12/6/2019)
    Just love these 07’s for drinking right now…for their subtlety and silky femininity…and a lot of the ones I’ve had are bright and lacy with red fruits and pretty spice. This CdT is a pleaser as well! Has all those characters…wonderful liqueured wild berry red fruits, with some deeper earth tones and exotic spices…dusty white pepper and dried potpourri…digs a little deeper in the earth with just a faint sous bois showing, as well as some strawberry and tomato field. Structurally sound with crushed minerality and fine grained tannins…yet wonderful plush and silky texture. More air brings out dried licorice and tasty savory spices…finishes full, kick of tartness, and very satisfying! Another 07 success! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Good note Buzz, I’ve drank 3 from a case and all have been great. Will open another one this year for sure.

Wish I had a case! [thumbs-up.gif] The 04 is sneaky good as well.

Looks like the cork put up a fight

Would you say the wine is mature?

It’s so good they named it twice.

No still very youthful…but that sous bois starting to show suggests the late 30’s in people years…I like more youth in my wines…so ymmv.

6 pack case (not 12…boo)…best part was the supplier gifted it to me for helping them move thru some stocks of other things for them.

Thanks Buzz. Only have one bottle, and I have never had a Clos du Tart before so I think I’ll wait for a while

A wine I have always found to be rather new-worldly. Delicious wine though.

Agreed, but 2007 vintage tames that.