TN: 2018 Tenuta Le Calcinaie Vernaccia di San Gimignano

• 2018 Tenuta Le Calcinaie Vernaccia di San Gimignano - Italy, Tuscany, San Gimignano, Vernaccia di San Gimignano (11/27/2019)
    Cracking good. Purchased yesterday in San Gimignano for Euro 10 (including 22%IVA), and consumed with butter and cheese pasta last night in Verona. I mention this because the producer wants you to consume it early, going as far as putting a ‘best consumed before’ date on the bottle (in this case August 2021), and so I played along. That said, while it may be better before that date, this super-affordable wine is not in any way a quaffing wine, it has really fresh acidity, together with an ideal (for me) medium-body of white/yellow fruits. A subtle, but supportive streak of interesting flowers and minerals keeps this enjoyable thru the last drop. Far over-delivers this price point, and easily highly recommended; just 13,0% abv. BIO, all stainless steel, and a solid value for twice what I paid.

** the Tenuta Calcinaie wines have been a bit hit and miss for me in the past (more hits than misses), but this is clearly in the win category. Bravo

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note so thanks.