1999 Jadot - Vosne - Les Beaux Monts

'99 Jadot - Beaux Monts - appealing black cherry nose.

Thick and very concentrated wine. Black cherry and licorice flavors on the palate.

Stuffed with fruit but not especially long finish. Enjoyable, but no noticeable Vosne spice, flavors leaning more towards Morey. 91.

Jadot, sadly enough said.

Why do you say that, granted I believe this is a Maison vs. Domaine wine, but Jadot takes time and I don’t think 1999 is ready to drink in 2019.

Just like other big houses, they have strengths, okay plots, and misses, so tasting before buying is imperative at 1er and GC levels.

We just did a vertical of Leroy Beaux Monts, which I will post soon, but we didn’t get any ‘Vosne spice’ until we hit 1993 (going backwards). I’m not so sure that Beaux Monts is one of the spicy Vosne vineyards, although a lot is producer dependent.

Not ready in 1999, 20 years after? I guess this is the house style…

Just had the 2006, and I agree, no real Vosne spice, but still richer, more velvety, more seductive than the 2006 Jadot Estournellese Gevrey. But still very good, elegant in its own way, just don’t put it up against the Big Boys…

Les Beaumonts (or Beaux-Monts) is high up the hill (not that far from Chambolle) and usually more minerally driven than spice-driven … even at Leroy (compare with her Brulées) …

Sorry for not being clearer, I meant many 1er and GC 1999s in general, not only this wine.

Why would you put this up against Leroy or Dujac other than the fact you could buy a couple cases for the price of Leroy…but if you don’t enjoy it, you should look elsewhere.

For value in this 1er, you have Jadot, Bertagna, and Clavelier…Bertagna from what I have tasted being the best expression.

I would definitely not forget Hudelot-Noellat and JJ Confuron … I don´t think they are that more expensive.
Both came from the same source, the old Charles Noellat estate …
Grivot is also a holder (though not my fav …)