TN: 2007 Henri Boillot Puligny Montrachet Clos des Moucheres

What a wine. This is a pristine bottle! I have had a few with premox. ( a caveat)

2007 H. Boillot Puligny Montrachet Clos des Moucheres

After an hour of decant in the glass, the aromas are sublime. Lime notes. Brilliant yellow fruits. Intense mineral notes. The palate is linear in a way.
High acidity but with time this fleshes out the beautiful golden fruit. Electric acidity. Amazing finish. Long. Almost Grand Cru. I love this wine.

Last one I popped was premox :rage:

Yum! Sounds great, Don. Hope all is well with you.

What does that mean? I’ve seen it used in both amateur and professional reviews.

It means to me that the acid or structure has overtaken the fruit to such an extent that the wine seems one dimensional or linear in a way. This is my take. It is not necessarily a bad thing if you an acid freak.

Dennis. Things are going well and busy. I hope to catch up with you soon. It has been too long.

we had a thread on this and there was discordance on what people meant. To me, it is a very positive attribute, that the wine is very focused and not blurry, with good definition and it is the acidity that keeps it linear. Laser-like.

So glad it showed so well, Don. When 07s are on, love them so much.

I was fortunate to have a 2009 at your place some 7 years ago, still memorable–I’m sure it’s probably wonderful now:

“2009 Henri Boillot Puligny Montrachet Clos de la Mouchere
A great deal of reduction just now, hard to get past the sulphur/vulcanized side. But you CAN get by it to splendid sage, pepper, unripe pear and ginger beer. And it does begin to settle itself down with some air time. Le gout, again past the initial reduction, there’s a remarkable freshness and cool almost minty/menthol side to the lemon and grapefruit. Another that will last many, many years, super potential.”

The 2010 from a 2014 dinner in DC

"2010 Henri Boillot Puligny Montrachet Clos de la Mouchere

It’s Boillot all right, screaming gunflint and mineral. Lemon zest, very high-toned right now…mouthwatering comes to mind. needs a LOT of time."

Glad it showed well Don.

Boillot’s on my no buy list nowadays but I had a taste of this at the La Paulee vertical tasting a few years ago and thought it was among the two or three best wines I had there of either color.

Why is it on your no buy list, out of curiosity? Premox, or something else?

Premox. My premox rate with the Domaine and its predecessor has been fairly high. To my taste the wines are first rate except for that massive caveat. If I buy white burgs I go after the reasonably priced DIAM options.