TN: 2006 Rudius Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2006 Rudius Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (11/25/2019)
    Last bottle from release, and best one yet! Still very youthful garnet color with the only signs of it’s age is the wonderful integration. Silky smooth, creamy dark berry fruit(reds and blues)…more savory dried fruit than candied sweetness…with a wonderful dusty graphite spice and firm white pepper oak barrel tannin kick on the finish. More of an elegant Napa cab, not a fruit bomb, with deep and broad complexities. Cedar and licorice…rich loamy earth, bay leaf and dark chocolate round out the mix. Killer Cab…aging well! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Timely post Buzz…thinking about opening my last 2007 on Thanksgiving.

Nice note Buzz…

I also drank my last 2006 a few weeks ago, it had been resting in my cellar since release. Your tasting note is spot on to my experience. The only thing that I would add was that the relatively high alcohol content (15.1%) was not at all noticable. The wine was extremely balanced with no sign of heat, it was silky smooth. I brought the bottle to a friends house for dinner and we drained the bottle in record time…Just a great job by Jeff

15.1% listed is relatively high for napa cab? did we teleport back to 1992?

For my tastes it is…For many Napa Cabs that are over 15%, I get heat and too much sweetness, but I agree that the 14.8-15.3 range is probably the norm now