La Paulee 2020

Got this in my inbox earlier today–looks pretty good, though of course no DRC at main tasting.

Over 40 of Burgundy’s Finest Domaines
will be in attendance!
Presale begins December 5, 2019
Domaine Marquis d’Angerville • Domaine Simon Bize & Fils
Bouchard Père & Fils • Domaine Yvon Clerget • Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey
Maison Joseph Drouhin • Domaine Dujac • Domaine Duroché
Domaine d’Eugénie • Domaine Faiveley • Domaine William Fèvre
Domaine Didier Fornerol • Domaine Jean-Marie Fourrier
Domaine Génot-Boulanger • Domaine Grivot • Domaine Hudelot-Baillet Domaine Hudelot-Noëllat • Maison Louis Jadot • Domaine Antoine Jobard Domaine Michel Lafarge • Domaine des Comtes Lafon
Les Héritiers du Comte Lafon • Domaine Olivier Leflaive
Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair • Louis-Michel & Fils • Domaine Matrot Domaine Olivier Merlin • Domaine de Montille • Domaine Bernard Moreau
Domaine Christian Moreau Père & Fil • Domaine Pierre Morey
Maison Morey-Blanc • Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg • Domaine Paul Pillot Domaine de la Romanée-Conti • Domaine Nicolas Rossignol • Domaine Roulot Domaine Georges Roumier • Domaine Etienne Sauzet • Camille Thiriet
Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé • La Commune de Meursault

Why is DRC listed?

In the past, they have a special dinner, which one pays, quite a bit, to attend. Not part of the Grand Tasting, however.

Thx for the explanation

Rousseau participated in the walk around tasting a few years ago actually.

I hope to do the verticals this year, hope the lineup is good.

2011 vintage. Yum.

Considering the latest offering for a Rousseau dinner in NYC was $2,950.00 per person, I kind of doubt they will be pouring in a walk around tasting. Roumier…perhaps. Christophe has some lesser cuvees that could be poured…

IIRC, it was 2014s

That could be as well. I didn’t go to the 2014 (vintage) event. But he definitely poured 11s in 2014 in San Francisco. A real highlight!

When Rousseau comes he pours in the general tasting, even some CSJ, if I recall. Haven’t encountered any Roumier in that context, unless I am mistaken, but I do remember some nice verticals, which, at the time, I unfortunately was not able to attend. I hope he might do another this year.

I thought this years La Paulee was in NYC, why is it not in San Francisco next year? I thought it alternated?

20th anniversary. Easier to get producers to come to NY, and I assume they want a big splash for the 20th.

in 2014 he poured Gevrey-Chambertin, Lavaux St. Jacques, Clos de la Roche, and Chambertin :slight_smile:

Roumier was there in 2013 to pour his 2010s: Chambolle-Musigny, Chambolle Les Cras, Morey Clos de La Bussière, and Ruchottes-Chambertin

When are tickets on sale ?

Dec. 5 to Amex (Platinum I think) care holders. General tix after that. Last few years it didn’t sell out immediately, or even quickly.

Hi Alan,

I did not attend as early as these, and also only in NYC. By that time, 2015 maybe–pouring 2013’s–and again last year, things stood as I said, I’m pretty sure. But hats off to you for having had a chance to taste those above, and, with luck, perhaps both Roumier and Rousseau will be pouring at the grand tasting and/or offering verticals.

"in 2014 he poured Gevrey-Chambertin, Lavaux St. Jacques, Clos de la Roche, and Chambertin :slight_smile:

Roumier was there in 2013 to pour his 2010s: Chambolle-Musigny, Chambolle Les Cras, Morey Clos de La Bussière, and Ruchottes-Chambertin"

That was before Rousseau Chambertin was selling for $2,000.00+ per bottle. If you can find it…I certainly hope it is true, but the scramble to that table will be faster than the race to get Screaming Eagle at Wine Spectator events…

Combien?

With New Yorkers getting everywhere “fashionably” late, your best bet is to go to the places you want to visit the most in the first 10 or 15 minutes.