Great Bubbly Tasting including Ployez-Jacquemart!!

Great stand up tasting downtown, 40 participants, titled “Mostly Champagne”. I was pouring and taking care of food so limited time to really enjoy. Bubblies from NZ, Portugal and Austria put everyone in the mood…especially a nice NV Pittnauer Pitt-Nat Rose (Cols Austria).

The NV Baron Fuente Grand Reserve Brut lead off the final 4 Champagnes. $50 Cdn. Lemon, lime spring flowers on the nose. Fruity and full-bodies. Lively bubbles with apple, citrus, some thought raisins. Very good acidity. Not a popular buy however.
Following the Baron, we all enjoyed the NV Champagne Delamotte Le Mesnil sur Oger. Really big hit with the many at the tasting!! This flew off the shelf. Fairly beady and sweet, nice richness, light toast, lemon and yeast. Very nice and elegant and wine was sold out at $76 Cdn.
The 2008 Champagne Ployez-Jacquemart Extra Brut Ludes was still quite young in my opinion. Lime notes, tiny bubbles Some complex aromas here, nice balance of apples and pears. Many in the know were excited, $109 Cdn.
Finally the much anticipated Ployez-Jacquemart Brut Lisees d`Harbonville 1999. Simply gorgeous but then $224 Cdn! fully complex.very minerally not sure how long to put away? Many spoke of the excellent effervescense and medium mousse. I noted a nice golden hue here, wish there had been more to taste of this one.

Thanks for the notes. The ‘96 Liesse d’Harbonville was stunning a couple weeks ago. Now my COTY. Detailed and complex nose, weighty but plenty of integrated acidity to keep it fresh. Very long. And geared up for more time in the cellar. It’s too the bad price has been rising and it’s not that easy to find. I’d expect the ‘08 to be another stunner.

just took delivery of a little more 99 d’Harbonville and more 08 BdB. Love P-J since a visit there over a year ago

Was it 224 cdn for a regular or magnum bottle?
I recall picking a mag of this for $199 in Vancouver a few years back!

Sorry to say but just the regular bottle. Alberta prices…wow.

I had a bottle of that 99 Harbonville maybe a year ago. I think it was $120 or $130 at Hi Time. Very fine and impressive wine - I recall thinking it was neither great
nor bad QPR at that price.