A few '17 whites

I’m really liking the vintage for whites.

2017 Bouchard Père et Fils Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières: An inviting nose of white peach, candied lemon and aniseed. It is full and fleshy, with a gentle exotic note playing in the background. It has the Perrieres steely line and a nice saline lick to the long and sappy finish.

2017 Domaine Jacques Carillon Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Macherelles: Wide open and expressive. Great nose of aniseed, preserved lemon, spiced pear and white peach. It is full and sappy, with a fruit-sweet core. Flavours envelop the mouth and it has excellent density and drive. Length is really good.
2017 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre: A pure and fresh nose of iodine, mint and citrus. It is direct and detailed, yet rich and voluminous. Flavours are deep and underpinned by grapefruit-like acidity. It has excellent cut and length is outstanding.

Just curious which one out of these you enjoyed most.

I’m not sure I can answer that -¥ 0 ñ 9. All provided great drinking pleasure and I look forward to my next bottle of any of the three.

White 2017’s are drinking really well , aren’t they ?

Stunning white vintage. Tonight’s Jacques Carillon Puligny has weight, yet is chiselled. Looking forward to trying a premier cru from Carillon.

'14 or '17 for white burgs?

14 for electricity and energy. 17 for balance and elegance. Just my $0.02

The ripeness is a little more obvious in '17 for me as opposed to '14. The '17’s are also a lot more open-knit at this early juncture. Both outstanding vintages for mine.

Easy call given the latter generally cost 50-100% more on release than the former.

This. I’m getting too many good deals on 14 whites and reds. Unfortunately, the deals are too good and my restraint is too weak.

17 Chablis though appears to be killer.