2017 Francois Mikulski Meursault Charmes

This is a revelation. Crystaline. Intense palate but elegant presentation. Fruit is rich and coating. A golden spicy quality. The acidity is supporting and makes the mid palate elegant and lithe. The length is substantial. Almost Grand Cru to me. The vines must be older. This is one of the best Charmes I have tasted and the best 2017 white to date for me.

One of my very favorite producers! Great wines, although not easy to find. The Charmes has been my fave, glad to see you enjoyed this as well!

Marcus,

This wine was fabulous. Not at all “stylized”. Very pure and elegant. I really like the style and intensity of fruit.

They had the mikulskis at the skurnik tasting in NYC, no Charmes but everything I tried was great, ordered some tillets.

I thought Mikulski was one of the premox poster children. Has this changed?

Brian,

I can’t really answer this for you. It is a new domaine for me. I know some producers have been premox problems in the past. Fontaine Gagnard is one. I think that address is better. I had a ton of problems with Henri Boillot at times in the past. Now that domaine is better. I don’t think Mikulski has been any worse than most others. Don Cornwell might have the answer.