15 vs 16 barton

In all the discussion regarding the 16 barton, it seems like the 2015 version of this is available at ~80/btl. Can anyone compare the two versions?

Heck, throw the 2014 into the comparison too. All three years have solid CT scores.

one is priced appropriately, one is priced based on hype…
:wink:

It’s hard for me to judge bdx this young but my impressions were that the 16 had a tad more structure.

Correction: one is now priced based on hype. 2016 is my daughter’s birthyear, and during the futures campaign when I was deciding on one 3L to tuck away for her for the long haul, I settled on LB. For a 3L I paid the current price of two 750’s.

Hahaha very true.
I assumed the OP wanted an opinion of them now. Not 2 years ago :wink: but definitely before the silly no1 ranking they were priced fairly as well!

Where do you live? Cheapest '15 LB in our state is $145.

I can find the ‘15 for $89 at Wegmans in MA.

It’s <100 at numerous places including oak and barrel.

Current price of the 2016 Barton can also get you the 2000 Barton, which is one of the best the chateau ever made.

I just popped the 2000 a couple weeks ago. While I will not call it best ever, I’d definitely grab it over 2016 for the same price. Should not even be a close call in the decision-making process.

Now if I saw the 2015 for $80, I’d snap it up. I’m still giggling over the futures price I paid for the 2014 Leoville Barton, and many other Classified Growths and other comparable wines like Haut Bailly, for like $55 and under.

I’m glad I went on the Bordeaux buying spree using the 20% off TW coupons during the past 18 months. With the price increases now being seen, even though most of the bottles were here long before October 18th, I’m most likely done with my retail purchases.

I hedged! Too soon to tell whether it will beat out the 1926.

Haha, that was fine indeed! You made a fine choice. Wish they had kept this Art Deco label.

FD086A57-9AFB-4952-AD44-4DD3258C7610.jpeg