TN: 2001 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2001 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (11/21/2019)
    Hell ya!!! My wine of the night. Nose is amazing and palate/finish consistent. Red currants, cigar, plum, coffee grounds and minerals. Medium to long finish and super complex. This wine will age another decade not worries. Top ten wine of the year. 95 plus. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

had the 85 a bit ago and it was a great bottle

We had this bottle from Magnum earlier this summer, similar notes. Wonderful wine with plenty of life left.

[quoteWe had this bottle from Magnum earlier this summer, similar notes. Wonderful wine with plenty of life left.][/quote]These do age well and are still a bargain on the secondary market.

I need to get my hands on some 91s.

Awesome note!!

Also have a mag that I’ve been debating about when to open. Do all of you feel its prime time right now, or best to hold in large format?

Thanks in advance!

Have a double magnum in the cellar; bought a bunch when Hartwick and Grove was having a big sale back in 2008. They’ve all been stunning, and I think in large format they will last for at least another 15-20 years.

Awesome note!!

Also have a mag that I’ve been debating about when to open. Do all of you feel its prime time right now, or best to hold in large format?

Thanks in advance!

I would hold on the mag. I would say five years you will be rewarded. This wine in 750s has at least 10 years of peak performance on pop and pour.

Have a double magnum in the cellar; bought a bunch when Hartwick and Grove was having a big sale back in 2008. They’ve all been stunning, and I think in large format they will last for at least another 15-20 years.

[winner.gif]

And here I was about to come on here and brag that I have a mag of the '01! Double mag for the win, and I LOVE seeing this note!

Done!

Thanks John - appreciate it!