Wood racking question: individual bottle racking for both standard & large 750s

I’m currently planning a cellar in a new home. I prefer wooden individual bottle racking, plus a limited number of rectangular box racks.

Are there any racks out there that can accommodate both a standard Bordeaux 750 bottle as well as a larger 750, such as Taittinger Comtes or PCYM?

A second requirement is racking that can be set up double deep.

Thanks
Warren

If you rack everything for champagne sized bottles it will accommodate pretty much any 750ml sized bottle. FYI, Krug does not fit in that. You will loose some maximum capacity but gain a lot of flexibility. Yes I always go double deep.

What John S.said.

Wine Racks of America sold me 750 racking that was slightly larger and could accommodate some of the thicker glass bottles that California Pinots were (and still are) coming in. I think it was about 3/8" bigger. I included some of those in my design. Not sure if it would hold Comtes or other larger Champagne (e.g. Dom).

What I’d do is get a mix - standard size racks and some oversize (perhaps magnum) to accommodate those bottles. Get numbers as needed for expected collection.

If you are going custom, I have purchased clear heart racking from these guys 4 different times. Always great to work with and reasonable pricing. No affiliation. They have no website as I think they largely contract to cellar install pros. They ship vertical ladders of racking and you need a finish carpenter to install. My last cellar was about 2,000 bottles and it was assembled in a fairly short day with two guys if that help to budget that.

I found email: rpredwood@gmail.com

R & P Redwood
Cabinets & Countertops
Map & Driving Directions to R & P Redwood
350 Robert Dr
Willits, CA 95490
Mendocino County
Call R & P Redwood
Phone : R & P Redwood 707-459-1297

Although utilitarian as opposed to custom/designer, I have two of the 115 bottle racks from Wine Cellar Innovations and currently have five more on order. They are not double deep, but the individual bottle slots accommodate Turley, most Champagne and other slightly larger 750 ml bottles (obviously, not mags). My original two racks have been in place for a couple years and I have been very satisfied with their performance. Beware, however, that these are DIY racks, assembly is required and the instructions were not necessarily 100% accurate. That said, it was pretty easy to figure out…and I’m not mechanically inclined. Good luck!

I have two sizes of individual racks in my wine cellar. One is more for Bordeaux shaped bottles although they also hold most Burgundies. The other is slightly larger and holds all Burgundy shaped bottles (at least the ones I have) and most Champagnes. However, they DO NOT hold really fat Champagnes like Taittinger CdC and Dom Ruinart. I also have shelves made for putting in those Champagne bottles, German wines and half bottles.