TN: Two DryCreekVnyds SauvBlancs '18..(short/boring)

Tried from my latest DCV VSP shipment:

1. DryCreekVnyds SauvBlanc Taylor’sVnyd/DryCreekVlly/SonomaCnty (SauvBlanc/MusqueClone; 14.2%) Healdsburg 2018: Light yellow color; fairly strong floral/SB/melony/slight herbal/bit muscatty attractive nose; lightly tart/tangy light SB/melony/floral slight muscatty/Musque pleasant flavor; med.long light floral/SB/melony slight muscatty/Musque finish; not as rich/perfumed and somewhat lighter/leaner than previous Taylor’s; quite a pretty SB at a very fair price but just that. $22.40 (VSP)

1. DryCreekVnyd TheMariness MeritageWhite.DryCreekVlly/SonomaCnty (90% SauvBlanc/5% Muscadelle du Bordelais/5% Semillon; Aged: 7 mo. in Fr.oak/Acacia/Chestnut brls; 14.0%) 2018: Light yellow color; fairly strong herbal/SB slight melony light pencilly/oak pleasant nose; lightly tart/tangy rather herbal/SB/melony/lemony light pencilly/oak flavor; med.long rather herbal/SB/melony/ripe light pencilly/oak finish; a rather mild-mannered pleasant SB but just that. $28.00 (VSP)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. I like the DCV SauvBlancs quite a lot. Especially the Taylor’s/Musque. I thought these two '18 were somewhat lighter/leaner and not as dramatic as previous editions. Nice wines, but just that.

1. Meritage: DaveStare was one of the movers&shakers back in 1988 for the founding of the Meritage group, now known as the MeritageAlliance: MeritageAlliance .
    These are wines, white & red, that are made as blends from traditional Bdx varieties. Member wineries must pay a fee, based on their case production, for the use of “Meritage” on the label.
    The organization was launched w/ a great deal of hoopla. Alas, the marketing bump that was expected from use of Meritage never seemed to materialize. They were present at SantaFe W&C Fiesta once several yrs ago. But I think a lot of the founding members have dropped out, though not DCV. My impression is that the organization is sorta limping along. Meritage on the label doesn’t count for a whole lot and most folks have no idea what it means. I think the organization could probably use a shot in the arm.
    Tom