The Stream of Consciousness Wine Thread - or, a wine thread about nothing

Do you ever feel like saying something or making a comment and either not knowing where it fits, or just too inept to do a search function to see where/if the subject or comment has been covered before? Or, perhaps you just don’t wanna start a new thread on something that is minor, inconsequential, or gosh forbid, potentially just plain stupid.

Then this may be the right thread. If you don’t like it, let it sink down to the netherworld of trash threads. I’m cool with that.

My comment today:

Yea I, too, hate big obnoxious heavy thick oversized bottles. Well, today one saved my ass. Taking a few cases out to the truck and, voila, I dropped the top box and, with the open lid, out pops three bottles of Baudry Croix Boissee smacking on the hard garage concrete and rolling under the truck. Shockingly, nothing broke. Not even a crack. All is right in my world tonight because of these dumb big bottles. And funny enough, Baudry only uses these stoopid size bottles on the Croix Boissee. Anything else would have been toast.

And there you have it, my comment for tonight. Not worth much, but I felt like saying it.

Maktoub!

Marktoub “Party Episode”!

I think they served Musar.

No

Oh come on. This is the raison d’etre for Berserkers.

Or, perhaps you just don’t wanna start a new thread on something that is minor, inconsequential, or gosh forbid, potentially just plain stupid.

Like this thread? [snort.gif]

That’s how we get thread drift. Much of what we say is just plain stupid, but some is stupider.

Exactly !!! You get it, Robert A. [tease.gif]

I am master of my own domaine.

For wines I hate, but have to be polite about, I will say, “This wine certainly pours well, and look how it assumes the shape of its container.”

Sometimes, I will say, “Perfect for spaghetti!” Meaning that I would mix it with tomato sauce and make a reduction if I absolutely had to have that wine in my home.

My elder son is 21, and he has been trained to say, “Well, isn’t that something!” when he has to give a polite comment.

I had my first David Clark wine, a 2010 CdN. Delicious stuff. When I first got into wine, I watched a BBC documentary where he was one of the featured winemakers. Too bad that he stopped making wine, but it does seem like tough, thankless work.

Maybe we should stop off on the way and get a bottle of wine or something.

Anybody else see the dramatic thread title posted by Alfert and roll his/her eyes??

I thought based on the title this was going to be another open letter to the WB community.

No eye rolling, but, then, Alfert’s posts usually involve a stream of some kind.

Todd, you are lazy and have a narrow agenda. This thread is perfect for you.

All I got from this narcissistic diatribe (as per your norm) is that you’ll always be an entirely hopeless klutz who also happens to be blessed with an endless streak of dumb luck.

Did I miss anything? :wink: neener

Don’t forget his rather broad definition of ‘truck’

Ahh, yes - my bad.

Ha ha, my luck and my truck, along with other words that rhyme accordingly, go hand in hand.

Dumbstruck?