TN Clenenden/Joseph Swan whites.

TN: 2015 Clenenden Gewurtztraminer. There was something wrong with this one, in my opinion. Natty, bretty and hints of mouse, somehow. I couldn’t drink more than a glass of it, but my wife didn’t mind it and didn’t really taste that. Weird. Anyone else had similar experience with this one?

TN: 2014 Joseph Swan Chardonnay Ritchie Vineyard. Honeysuckle. Floral. Hints of mint and freshness. Felt exactly like one of those Ricola honey/lemon/mint lozenges. Everything was very good until the sweetness completely took over at the end. Shame, because I liked what I tasted until that came in. Way to sweet.

As a big fan of Swan wines, I can’t think of a single white I tried from there…interesting. Apparently a good thing?

Adam,

Did you purchase the Clendenen wine directly from their tasting room or website, or after market? If the former, I might suggest contacting them directly - as you said, something was ‘off’ and they will hopefully take care of you. Keep us posted.

Cheers.

Hmmmm, Adam…sure doesn’t sound like one of Jim’s wines to me. They’re not squeaky-clean…but have never had one flawed like this before.
I’d ask them for a replacement. They’ll undoubtedly do that.
Tom

Never had a white from swan? That’s a mistake!

I kind of agree on the Ritchie chardonnay. That said, i find most Ritchie chardonnay’s to very rich and bordering on sweet.

If you are looking for a GREAT chardonnay in the other direction from Swan, I highly recommend the Hawks Hill chardonnay. The 13/14 were both fantastic, lower in ABV and decidedly not sweet.

I also enjoy Swan’s viognier, granache blanc and valdigue