Andremily #6

Seems like it’s about that time of year. Anyone know when we can expect the latest offering?

It’s usually this month (November), so I’d expect next week.

Anyone looking to share their allocation at cost I would be very interested. Please pm :grin:

i would think it’d be today… we’ll see.

semi-related, i had the 2016 rose saturday night-was outstanding.

TN for the rose?

Also, for anyone passing on their allocation, I’m very interested as well. It’s either that or wait for them to hit K&L’s auction site…

I had my first Andremily ('16 Mourvedre) on Sunday (and tasted it blind), and I immediately signed up for the waiting list. I was really floored that a Mourvedre could be so great, even so young, and I can only imagine how much I’d love the Syrah (as that my favorite red varietal).

I just got the email - but for some reason the allocations didn’t show up for me as of yet on the website.

agree wtih Adam…a tease

Just came up - $279 / 3-pack.

I like the allocation are guaranteed till Dec 4. Allows me to shift this purchase till the Dec wine budget

WTF is a budget?

Email:

Hear ye! Hear ye! ~

All ye lovers of mouthwateringly delicious wine, please step right up for the latest news from the small, but determined, cellar of Andremily. Things have really been shaking around these parts since our last communique, due in no small part to the dozens of small earthquakes we have been experiencing here in Ventura. Nothing gets you out of bed on an early harvest morning like your whole world shaking. OK! I’m Up, I’m Up! With all of Mother Nature’s added encouragement, I think the team and I have risen to the occasion, and have managed to squeeze the very best out the 2019 harvest season. In 2019, we started working with a few new fruit sources, and are very excited to see what these new wines will be like after a little time in barrel. Moving from trembling to terrific, the response to the 2016 Andremily wines was absolutely terrific, and again created a number of new and exciting opportunities for our small brand. In May, we were invited to pour our wines at the world-famous Blackberry Farm in Tennessee. This was our first time pouring every vintage of Andremily at one tasting, and we couldn’t be more thrilled by the response we received from those in attendance. We are very proud of the wines we have been able to craft in our short existence, and tasting them all in one sitting was incredible. If you haven’t taken the opportunity to visit Blackberry Farm, we certainly encourage you to do so. What an amazing place with an equally amazing staff. To put it simply, Blackberry is exactly what southern hospitality is all about.

We are thrilled to be able to present to you an offering of two sensational bottlings. The first offering, we hope to entice you with is our 2017 Andremily No.6, which is very much cut from the same cloth as the others wines in the sequence, but perhaps just a touch better. The 2017 is a blend of 92% Syrah, from White Hawk, Larner, Harrison-Clarke, and Watch Hill Vineyards, coupled with 5% Mourvedre, from Alta Mesa, and finished off with just a dab of Viognier. Andremily No.6 is an incredible sexy, rich and full-bodied elixir, that leaps from the glass. Offering bushels of black and blue fruit, scorched earth, and exotic spice. No.6 has great texture with fine tannin, and plenty of natural acidity to deliver great lift. We are very excited to see where this wine ends up, as it is just starting to show its true potential. Rachel and I pulled a bottle last night in the name of “research”, and thought it was so good that we should do further “research” tonight with a second bottle. What can I say…this job has its benefits!

The second, Oh So delicious offering we would like to present is the 2017 Andremily Mourvedre. As I am sure you have all figured out at this point, I have more than a mild fascination with Mourvedre, and quite frankly, I believe it is bordering on an obsession. There is just something about that Mourvedre gaminess, that Mourvedre funk, that I find so appealing. The challenge of turning a grape that is usually perceived as rustic, into something elegant, and complex, while maintaining its varietal character, really appeals to me. In 2017, we were fortunate to carve out a small section of Mourvedre vines at the Larner vineyard, as well as being presented with the opportunity to add a new section of vines at Alta Mesa Vineyard. With the addition of these new vines to the blend, we feel we were able to elevate our Mourvedre game to the next level. The 2017 is a blend of 88% Mourvedre from the Alta Mesa, and Larner Vineyards, co-fermented with 3% Viognier, and polished off with a touch of Syrah from the White Hawk vineyard. The 2017 Mourvedre, while stacked packed and all that, offers a bit more refinement then its older siblings, with softer tannins, and more length. This Beauty has soaring aromatics of chocolate, roasted meats, baked blueberries and plums, along with hints of tar and subtle earthy notes. A velvety texture, and plenty of length make this wine an absolute delight to drink. In the Wine Advocate’s review of this wine, Lisa Perrotti-Brown wrote “This Spectacular Mourvedre is a must-try for lovers of Rhone varieties.”, and we couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately, even with the added fruit, production remains very low, forcing us to only offer small allocations to a limited number of our beloved mailing list members.

As a bit of a teaser, and to hopefully heed off the onslaught of disappointed emails from those of you who have read about a new offering from Andremily by the various publications but didn’t receive an allocation. We are absolutely thrilled to have a new addition to our lineup that we plan to release in April. The latest offering is a no rules, Rhone blend. Our goal is to make the absolute best wine possible, and that is exactly what we did. In fact, we like this wine so much that we named it “End All Be All”, or EABA for short. We can’t wait to tell you more, and really look forward to sharing this fantastic wine with you all.

The Andremily wines will continue to be packaged and sold as a 3-bottle box set. Magnums will be packed as a 2-bottle box set, containing 1 magnum of Syrah and 1 magnum of Mourvedre. As always, please remember to take a minute to fill in the wish list section of your order page, if you would like your allocation adjusted in some way. We will do our best to make it happen now, or in the future.

There you have it, the latest from Andremily. As always, Rachel and I would very much like to thank you all for your incredible support. It is because of you that we get to continue to chase this wonderful vinous dream of ours. We hope you have enjoyed our wines as much as we have enjoyed sharing them with you, and that the descriptions above have compelled you to give these two new beauties a try. If this is the case, please don’t delay. Click the link below and place your order today. All allocations will be guaranteed until December 4th, 2019. Any unspoken for wine will be used to fill wish list requests, or reallocated to the wonderful patient individuals on our waiting list. Orders will be shipped in Mid-March 2020, weather permitting. At this time, we can only ship to the following states: AL, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, MO, NC, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, VA, WA

For a sneak peek at the happening here at Andremily, please follow us on Instagram, andremily_wines

Wonder how long the waitlist is. I only signed up in August :pensive:

no tasting note, it was a long night :slight_smile:

but honestly exactly what I expected and I mean that in a good way. rich, dense (for a rosé) and still enough acid to balance things out. full throttle for sure.

wait was too long relatively speaking (7 1/2 years for Saxum), 2 1/2 years for me and got added in November 2018

Funny - when I checked the email on my phone earlier I showed an allocation for 2016/2017 Rosé, but no Syrah or Mourvedre. Thought that was pretty odd. When I logged in on my PC just now, I have the Syrah/Mourvedre allocations, but no Rosé. Not sure if the initial Rosé was an error, or if it has been sitting there the past few months without me knowing about it and disappeared when the new allocation populated. Potential opportunity lost!

Cheers,

Steve

Pretty sure the Rose was a special offering a couple of months back. Not sure how the allocations worked for the Rose as I was one of the first on the list and didn’t receive an allocation, but it seems like you may have missed the chance to purchase now that it is Syrah and Mourvedre season

Likely something a quick call could fix, if he’s really interested

I have allocation if someone is interested.
Thanks.

Passing on my allocation if anyone is interested. Have a couple three-packs of both the Syrah and Grenache as well as the magnum set.

PM to work out logistics.