We tasted these 4 wines at BBB Last night:
1. Proprieta Sperino Lessono (13.5%) 2008: Med.color; very aromatic Nebb/floral/lilacs/violets some toasty/oak rather lush fruit beautiful nose; quite tart/tangy some earthy/dusty strong floral/Nebb/lilacs/violets very slight pungent/tarry fairly rich/lush flavor w/ modest hard/chewey tannins; very long/lingering fairly rich/lush strong floral/Nebb/lilacs/violets finish w/ some hard chewey tannins; needs another 3-6 yrs; lots of fruit & richness for an AltoPiemonte Nebb and clearly of a modern style.
2. Foradori Teroldego Granato IGD: Vigneti delle Dolomiti (12.5%) 2013: Very dark color; intense boysenberry/blackberry/Teroldego some toasty/oak beautiful aromatic nose; lightly tart/tangy bit hard/tannic big/rich intense blackberry/boysenberry/Teroldego bit licorice some toasty/oak flavor w/ ample hard tannins; very long/lingering intense Teroldego some toasty/oak finish w/ hard tannins; needs another 4-8 yrs; a lovely expression of Teroldego.
3. Bedrock Syrah Coast to Foothills Calif (14.1%) 2017: Very dark/near black color; beautiful Syrah/blackberry/blueberry some Rhonish/w-c/black pepper/bit pungent some complex nose; lightly tart some w-c/Rhonish/peppery intense blackberry/Syrah/blueberry/spicy light toasty/oak flavor w/ modest rich/chewey tannins; very long/lingering some Rhonish/espresso/w-c/black pepper intense blackberry/Syrah/spicy finish w/ some chewey tannins; needs several yrs yet and should go out 10 yrs; the w-c comes thru but loads of spicy/Syrah fruit; a steal at $25.00
4. Prunus Nigra Cherry Wine (Stevnsbaer cherry; Fortified; Aged: used Fr.oak fo 8 mo; 17.0%; www.ColdHandWinery.Dk) Cold Hand Wnry /Denmark NV: Black color; rather dusty/bit earthy/root cellar intense black cherry bit alcoholic nose w/ lots of bass notes; quite sweet bit alcoholic very intense black cherry/boysenberry very slight pencilly/oak flavor w/ ample hard/grippy tannins; very long/lingering quite sweet some alcoholic/fumey very intense black cherry fairly sweet finish w/ ample hard/chewey tannins; very structured & not syrupy sweet; would like to try this in 10-20 yrs to see what develops. $43.00/500 ml (CB)
A wee BloodyPulpit:
1. ElisabettaForadori is clearly the master of Teroldego. The Granato is her top of the line Teroldego. I used to find it had too much new Fr.oak and actually preferred her regular Teroldego. But I think she has backed off on the oak these days.
2. Bedrock: This is what used to be the regular Bedrock NorthCoast Syrah. But with the addition of some Syrah from the SierraFoothills, they had to modify the name. This strikes me as the best Bedrock NorthCoast Syrah yet and a real steal.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
1 post • Page 1 of 1