TN: 2003 Lolonis Winery Petite Sirah Winegrower Selection Sisters Blend

Double decanted two hour before service. Very dark red. The tannins and acid are still pronounced, but seem in balance. There’s a lot of fruit coming out on the palate. This one is ready to drink if you have it, and will be pleasant for a number of years. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Now there’s a name you don’t see around very much anymore, John. Believe that’s the label w/ the lady bug on it.
Dennis Patton made some good wines back in the day.
Tom

Are they still around?

Tom, you’re correct. It had a lady bug on the label. I gave the bottle to a friend who was at the tasting I brought the bottle to last night. Turns out she knew the owner/winemaker back in the day, but had lost touch. She’s a ladybug fan.

Andrew, I checked on them before going to the tasting party last night. Turns out Lolonis filed for bankruptcy in 2011 and was dissolved. I bought this bottle on a lark because it came up for auction and I love PS with bottle age. This one didn’t disappoint.

Sold this back in the early 2000’s, mostly Zin back then, I don’t even remember a PS, little bit of Cab too if my memory is any good.