2007 Raveneau Chablis

2007 Raveneau Chablis: The joys of aging Chablis, what a wonderful wine and drinking so well at 12 years. Sadly my last bottle. Youthful looking pale yellow. Enticing classic Chablis nose, oyster shells, brine and lemon. Powerful with tons of mid palate extract providing lots of structure and shape. Deep and intense palate of more citrus and limestone. Long long finish, lovely balancing acidity. The complete package and probably the best AOC Chablis I have ever had. What a bargain (bought on release).

Brodie

Weren’t the '07’s slightly prone to premox? Raveneau with age is really fantastic - tough drink when young

Todd,
Are you referring to White Burgundy in general or for 2007 Raveneau specifically? Just curious as my meager WB holdings include a little 2007 Rav.

PS Brodie,
Nice TN!

Maybe I have been lucky but…have been buying Raveneau ever year since the 2006 vintage and yet to have an oxidized bottle. Fevre is of course another story!

Brodie

Raveneau has an outstanding record vs. pox. -mark

I had one of these a couple of years ago and my experience was similar. Fantastic wine. I couldn’t believe how good it was for a village wine.