TN: Dom.TerreRouge Syrah SentinelOak '08...(short/boring)

From my recent Easton/DTR sale shipment, I tried:
1.Dom.TerreRouge Syrah SentinelOakVnyd/PyramidBlock/ShenandoahVlly (14.5%; www.TerrreRougeWines.com) Plymouth: Very dark color w/ slight bricking; very strong blackberry/Syrah/ briary/Amador/bit blackpepper slight floral/violets light toasty/oak bit earthy/dusty slight Rhonish/roasted fairly complex nose; lightly tart some blackberry/Syrah/Amador briary light toasty/oak somewhat tired/drying out flavor w/ light gentle tannins; long some blackberry/Syrah/briary/bit peppery modest toasty/oak rather tired/oldRed finish w/ light tangy tannins; quite an attractive Amador briary/Syrah/bit Rhonish nose but showing a bit tired on the palate; bit past its prime. $25.30

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This was from the Easton/DTR sale about a month ago. The '12 Viognier was terrific, but this Syrah was beginning to show its age.
    Tom

I can actually say that I followed Terre Rouge from the start, when only Solano Cellars carried them. I even made a pilgrimage to the winery in 2006. But when I picked up a few bottles that were 6-8 years old in the mid-2000s, I found they had a sweetness, and low acid, that I didn’t really like. It sounds like yours was a bit different – just past it. But I’m curious if you’ve had the same experience I’ve had.

John,
I’ve never noted a sweetness in Bill’s Syrahs, though some have been a bit low in acid. Generally, I’ve liked them quite a lot.
Oe of the best Syrahs from the Foothills.
Tom