FedEx tries to give my wine the Madeira treatment

Well, it was on a plane, not a ship. And it didn’t go around the Cape of Good Hope. And I’m sure it won’t be damaged by the one day delay. But the tracking history for a FedEx 2 day shipment from NY to MD is a bit amusing: NY → NJ → CA → TN → MD.

As a one time loader of fed ex trucks in the summer of my college days, we would have 5 to 10 of these (if you were decent) per person per day. I’m sure it’s much more automated now, but the conveyor belt would spit you all kinds of packages and it’s your job to catch the errors and stack the rest. That college kid in NJ mis loaded your package [cheers.gif]

Ps don’t bother with the “this side up” “fragile” or any other kind of markers.

I’m impressed they figured it out and got it here this AM, less than a day late after a cross country round trip.

We used to purchase from a vendor who was located 40mi north of our factory in Seattle. They shipped via UPS, and we got the parcels the next day. Then they switched to Fedex and all the parcels went to Portland, OR, and back to Seattle. Shipments now took two days. If we needed something next day, it went to Memphis TN and back.

I think the package is trying to take the long route in order to earn some frequent flyer miles and qualify for Elite status.
#MileageRun

My FedEx package that got misdelivered to a Quest Diagnostic Center showed up last week. Box all beat up and bottles still warm from wherever they held onto them.

Gosh I got a box from CA via fed ex and the bottles were still cellar temp.

How were the fills? I understand they have a lot of needles and syringes at those Quest centers.

Had a shipment coming from southern CA that was meant to be delivered to my office in Seattle yesterday. At 4:00 pm the status suddenly changed from ‘out for delivery’ to ‘date pending’. I think to myself “I should have just had this held at a FedEx Office in the first place” and change it to ‘hold at location’,figuring I can pick it up later today. Nope! Now the status is ‘delivery by end of day Tuesday 11/26’. WTF??? At least temps here are in the 40s so it won’t cook in their warehouse.