Re: TN: 2016 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco - its all about BALANCE

#51 Post by Mattstolz » February 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm

Fred Davis wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 8:37 am
David Glasser wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 8:24 am
Fred Davis wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 7:55 am
I'm considering buying a few bottles to drink, but what do people think about the price evolution of this bottle over time?
If you’re contemplating buying now vs. in a year or so, I doubt there will be much change unless someone rates it 98-100 points, but most critics have already weighed in. Longer-term, as they increase in age and scarcity, retail prices on Wine Searcher seem to jump at ~30 years.
That's good to know. It's interesting how the price will be higher at very old age (due to scarcity) than it will be at peak drinking time (say around 10 years).
peak drinking for these extends way past 10 years. Ive had 40 year old produttori normales that were just killer wines. it might START at 10 but sweet spot I think is older.

anyways, I got an email offering 08s Riservas for $68 today. the price doesn't change much for a decent amount of time after release

Fred Davis

#52 Post by Fred Davis » February 7th, 2020, 10:44 pm

Mattstolz wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 8:07 pm
Fred Davis wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 8:37 am
David Glasser wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 8:24 am

If you’re contemplating buying now vs. in a year or so, I doubt there will be much change unless someone rates it 98-100 points, but most critics have already weighed in. Longer-term, as they increase in age and scarcity, retail prices on Wine Searcher seem to jump at ~30 years.
That's good to know. It's interesting how the price will be higher at very old age (due to scarcity) than it will be at peak drinking time (say around 10 years).
peak drinking for these extends way past 10 years. Ive had 40 year old produttori normales that were just killer wines. it might START at 10 but sweet spot I think is older.

anyways, I got an email offering 08s Riservas for $68 today. the price doesn't change much for a decent amount of time after release
Thanks for the insight. I had seen old Produttori vintages, but wasn't sure if they'd still be good. I suppose, though, the prices on some of those bottles suggest they would be still be good (https://www.chambersstwines.com/Product ... ion&page=0)

I once bought a 40yr old nebbiolo from Valtellina and it was undrinkable. I didn't pay a lot, but enough for it to make me highly skeptical of old bottles.

What do you think it is about Produttori that makes it endure much longer than an average Barbaresco?--assuming this is factually correct. They're known to be a quality producer, but I don't know how to distinguish which nebbiolos will last longer than others.

Martin Zwick

#53 Post by Martin Zwick » February 8th, 2020, 4:01 am

We had a 1970 Reserva Rabaja yesterday in Copenhagen. TAK Claus.

And the wine was impressive, quite firm and still a bit funky. Lovely Barbaresco.
6D544AD2-14C0-4460-9FA0-6C3A185DFE23.jpeg
Last edited by Martin Zwick on February 8th, 2020, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
„ When this is all over, nobody will admit to ever having supported it“

David Frum

IlkkaL

#54 Post by IlkkaL » February 8th, 2020, 4:28 am

Fred Davis wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 10:44 pm
I once bought a 40yr old nebbiolo from Valtellina and it was undrinkable. I didn't pay a lot, but enough for it to make me highly skeptical of old bottles.

What do you think it is about Produttori that makes it endure much longer than an average Barbaresco?--assuming this is factually correct. They're known to be a quality producer, but I don't know how to distinguish which nebbiolos will last longer than others.
Not sure what is an average Barbaresco but a typical high quality Barbaresco made in the traditional style certainly tends to be very long-lived and Produttori is no exception to this rule. As for Valtellina, well they have the same grape variety and there are especially aromatic similarities but it's a different expression of Nebbiolo from a totally different climate and landscape.
Last name = L u !V! !V! e

Mattstolz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#55 Post by Mattstolz » February 8th, 2020, 5:41 am

Fred Davis wrote:

Thanks for the insight. I had seen old Produttori vintages, but wasn't sure if they'd still be good. I suppose, though, the prices on some of those bottles suggest they would be still be good (https://www.chambersstwines.com/Product ... ion&page=0)

I agree with the post just above this, there's something about traditionally made langhe wines that just give them really long lives. I would say a wine from a decent producer from the langhe would be more the exception than the rule if it wasn't still hummin along at 30-40 years. Valtellina is a little bit more cool climate, lighter wine than Langhe is, so that could be what happened with yours (I'm not positive, but some nebbiolos outside of the Langhe also get blended fairly heavily with other grapes... especially 40 years ago).

the other thing that I always try to caution people about with older Nebbiolo is that they are VERY deceptive. its happened to me before where I pulled the cork in the morning for a meal, smelled it, got really worried cuz it smelled old and musty. Smelled it and tasted again 4 hours later, same thing. at hour 6, still old. Then all of a sudden somewhere around hour 8 everything changes (one time I had even opened a backup bottle already by this point). the color improves, the aroma adds fruit, the body is better. but if you don't give it enough time and write it off, then you miss that.

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#56 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » February 8th, 2020, 7:22 am

At 40 years one has to wonder about provenance, as well as the underlying wine.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Fred Davis

#57 Post by Fred Davis » February 8th, 2020, 8:12 am

Mattstolz wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 5:41 am
Fred Davis wrote:

I agree with the post just above this, there's something about traditionally made langhe wines that just give them really long lives. I would say a wine from a decent producer from the langhe would be more the exception than the rule if it wasn't still hummin along at 30-40 years. Valtellina is a little bit more cool climate, lighter wine than Langhe is, so that could be what happened with yours (I'm not positive, but some nebbiolos outside of the Langhe also get blended fairly heavily with other grapes... especially 40 years ago).

the other thing that I always try to caution people about with older Nebbiolo is that they are VERY deceptive. its happened to me before where I pulled the cork in the morning for a meal, smelled it, got really worried cuz it smelled old and musty. Smelled it and tasted again 4 hours later, same thing. at hour 6, still old. Then all of a sudden somewhere around hour 8 everything changes (one time I had even opened a backup bottle already by this point). the color improves, the aroma adds fruit, the body is better. but if you don't give it enough time and write it off, then you miss that.
I wonder if Langhe wines then might become more valued relative to other wines given their long-lived nature and the fact the quality has improved a lot over the last 20+ years. The person who started La Paulee said that in the 1980s, there was little demand for premier crus or even grand crus from Burgundy and so he was able to buy lots of cases of great wine inexpensively. Not sure why there was low demand then, but obviously things are 180 degrees different today.

To your point, I thought perhaps the Valtellina would open up after the initial disappointment so I kept it in the fridge for a week, and tried a sip each day. Unforuntunately, to no avail.

I think I'll just stick to buying good producers if I'm going to cellar a nebbiolo.

Fred Davis

#58 Post by Fred Davis » February 8th, 2020, 8:14 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 7:22 am
At 40 years one has to wonder about provenance, as well as the underlying wine.
Certainly true. Not being able to ascertain any of these important facts, I cut my risk by simply not paying a lot. I think the bottle was approximately $30 so I treated it like taking a flyer.

Fred Davis

#59 Post by Fred Davis » February 8th, 2020, 8:23 am

IlkkaL wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 4:28 am
Fred Davis wrote:

Not sure what is an average Barbaresco but a typical high quality Barbaresco made in the traditional style certainly tends to be very long-lived and Produttori is no exception to this rule. As for Valtellina, well they have the same grape variety and there are especially aromatic similarities but it's a different expression of Nebbiolo from a totally different climate and landscape.
This is good feedback. I'm going to avoid the phrase "average Barbaresco" in the future as it doesn't mean anything.

Fred Davis

#60 Post by Fred Davis » February 8th, 2020, 8:37 am

Martin Zwick wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 4:01 am
We had a 1970 Reserva Rabaja yesterday in Copenhagen. TAK Claus.

And the wine was impressive, quite firm and still a bit funky. Lovely Barbaresco.

6D544AD2-14C0-4460-9FA0-6C3A185DFE23.jpeg
Sounds nice. I'm going to pick up a couple of bottles of the 2016 Produttori based on all the comments here. For the same price, available here is the Oddero Barolo 2013 which is also enticing and don't know which to favor.

Vincent Fritzsche
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#61 Post by Vincent Fritzsche » February 8th, 2020, 12:25 pm

After reading through this thread a few times this week - thanks for all the posts, kept me coming back - I had to open the 2016 Produttori Barvaresco normale/Torre with a nice porterhouse at home last night. Fantastic basic Barbaresco, not as tannic as I might have expected, aromatically open from the get go. Opened nicely over a few hours, yes this wine should benefit from decanting and I have a bit left over for tonight. But it's more open than I expected, drinks above its price point, pretty much what I'm looking for in young Barbaresco. Glad I have couple more.
Vincent - ITB

Carl Steefel

#62 Post by Carl Steefel » February 9th, 2020, 3:44 am

David Glasser wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 4:43 pm
AD Northup wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 4:27 pm
This thread is trying to make me pull the trigger on more, but need to stay strong will all the releases happening/having just happened
Under $30/bottle at wine.com with a $100 off $300 coupon.
I see $39 a bottle with a $20 discount for orders over 100. Maybe there was another deal? On a case of 12, this would be $20/12, so less than $2 discount per bottle.

David McMillen

#63 Post by David McMillen » February 9th, 2020, 6:01 am

Just bought a bunch on wine.com with the $100 off $300 coupon. These came in a bit cheaper than the ones I bought pre release from Envoyer

F.Daner

#64 Post by F.Daner » February 9th, 2020, 6:46 am

Ian- are you getting anymore in ?

Ian Dorin wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 6:02 pm
AD Northup wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 5:54 pm
Just bought a bunch at 35 from wine library...probably open one as soon as they arrive to see if I should go back for more
No harm in opening, and day 2 it's even better.

IMNHO, this is the best regular bottling release I've had in my life time. Absolutely stunning wine.

Disclaimer- Of course I sell it, doesn't every good store though???
Fred

Dennis Atick

#65 Post by Dennis Atick » February 9th, 2020, 7:16 am

Vincent Fritzsche wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 12:25 pm
After reading through this thread a few times this week - thanks for all the posts, kept me coming back - I had to open the 2016 Produttori Barvaresco normale/Torre with a nice porterhouse at home last night. Fantastic basic Barbaresco, not as tannic as I might have expected, aromatically open from the get go. Opened nicely over a few hours, yes this wine should benefit from decanting and I have a bit left over for tonight. But it's more open than I expected, drinks above its price point, pretty much what I'm looking for in young Barbaresco. Glad I have couple more.
Me too! With a ribeye. Couldn't resist anymore once I finally got some bottles in hand so I took a shot. I slow oxd for a few hours prior to first glass. I think Vincent sums it up nicely here and adds to what others have said. It is certainly more accessible right now than typical young Produtorri, the core of fruit is very lovely and pure. It over-delivers, yup. But it will really shine down the road some years as it seems to be a terrific vintage for this wine.
@decaturwinedude

Vincent Fritzsche
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#66 Post by Vincent Fritzsche » February 9th, 2020, 10:00 am

Dennis Atick wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 7:16 am
Vincent Fritzsche wrote:
Me too! With a ribeye. Couldn't resist anymore once I finally got some bottles in hand so I took a shot. I slow oxd for a few hours prior to first glass. I think Vincent sums it up nicely here and adds to what others have said. It is certainly more accessible right now than typical young Produtorri, the core of fruit is very lovely and pure. It over-delivers, yup. But it will really shine down the road some years as it seems to be a terrific vintage for this wine.
Nice! The rest of the bottle showed great in night 2, fresh and open, chalky fine tannin, maybe a bit more than I perceived on night one. Load up.
Vincent - ITB

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#67 Post by David Glasser » February 9th, 2020, 1:48 pm

Carl Steefel wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 3:44 am
David Glasser wrote:
AD Northup wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 4:27 pm
This thread is trying to make me pull the trigger on more, but need to stay strong will all the releases happening/having just happened
I see $39 a bottle with a $20 discount for orders over 100. Maybe there was another deal? On a case of 12, this would be $20/12, so less than $2 discount per bottle.
That's a better deal than I saw if you limit your purchase to 8 bottles and use a $100 off $300 coupon. It works out to $26.50/btl:
$39 x 8 = $312. $100 off = $212. Divide by 8 = $26.50
When I looked, they were $44/btl, so buying 7 would have worked out to $29.70/btl.

Check here for the coupon codes: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=166467

With 3 of the codes you could do 3 x 8 and score 2 cases at that price.

Dennis Atick

#68 Post by Dennis Atick » February 9th, 2020, 2:34 pm

I haven't done the full dive on Wine.com, only made the one recent purchase with the 100/300 coupon, but I find it odd that different regions get different prices. My price on the Produttori is $43.99. Still gets to a good price with coupon, but not quite as good as starting at $39.
Same with Krug. Shipping to GA just doesn't give me any good Krug deals.
@decaturwinedude

Dennis Atick

#69 Post by Dennis Atick » February 9th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Vincent Fritzsche wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 10:00 am
Dennis Atick wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 7:16 am
Vincent Fritzsche wrote:
Nice! The rest of the bottle showed great in night 2, fresh and open, chalky fine tannin, maybe a bit more than I perceived on night one. Load up.
I am not usually one for the - this wine is better on night two or three- but damn, this is really good on night two. The fruit really pops. So fresh. I have 6 and I might go by more.
@decaturwinedude

Ian Dorin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#70 Post by Ian Dorin » February 10th, 2020, 6:26 am

F.Daner wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 6:46 am
Ian- are you getting anymore in ?

Ian Dorin wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 6:02 pm
AD Northup wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 5:54 pm
Just bought a bunch at 35 from wine library...probably open one as soon as they arrive to see if I should go back for more
No harm in opening, and day 2 it's even better.

IMNHO, this is the best regular bottling release I've had in my life time. Absolutely stunning wine.

Disclaimer- Of course I sell it, doesn't every good store though???
It's in stock!
ITB

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” -WC Fields

Zachy's

Carl Steefel

#71 Post by Carl Steefel » February 10th, 2020, 11:10 am

David Glasser wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 1:48 pm
Carl Steefel wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 3:44 am
David Glasser wrote:

That's a better deal than I saw if you limit your purchase to 8 bottles and use a $100 off $300 coupon. It works out to $26.50/btl:
$39 x 8 = $312. $100 off = $212. Divide by 8 = $26.50
When I looked, they were $44/btl, so buying 7 would have worked out to $29.70/btl.

Check here for the coupon codes: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=166467

With 3 of the codes you could do 3 x 8 and score 2 cases at that price.
I read it that it was $20 on the whole batch, not per bottle??

I will check back with them...

Otherwise, I agree, this is a wine of great balance and also poise (suggesting an elegant side that probably needs some time to emerge)...

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#72 Post by David Glasser » February 10th, 2020, 11:35 am

Carl, use the $100 off of a $300 purchase coupons at wine.com, assuming they’re still active.

Rory K.

#73 Post by Rory K. » February 14th, 2020, 11:59 am

I was able to use the wine.com coupon, just googled it and found one that worked. With shipping and tax they were about $36 each. I held out for as long as I could in the hopes that total wine would restock with the '16 without changing the price as they've done for the past few vintages but no luck
K i n n e a r

ITB

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member

#74 Post by AD Northup » February 14th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Wine Library just reloaded their stock at $35 per before tax. Grabbed a few more after trying on out this week.
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2020 WsOTY:

2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (#1)
1954 Fontanafredda Barbaresco
2015 Ultramarine BdB

2019 WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Époque
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

Claus Jeppesen

#75 Post by Claus Jeppesen » February 15th, 2020, 1:46 am

A 1964 Riserva Speciale was extremely delicious and youngish
20161022_140352.jpg
FWIW the price here has doubled since the 2010 vintage
Claus

Riesling and Slate

T. Williams

#76 Post by T. Williams » February 15th, 2020, 5:32 am

I just picked up 6 of these using the wine.com coupon. I’ll have to get more, assuming around least one will be gone within 48 hours of the bottles hitting my doorstep.
Tim W.
Proud Member: Young and Spendy

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#77 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » February 15th, 2020, 6:33 am

BTW, the 2016 Langhe Nebbiolo from Produttori is just singing now.

Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member

#78 Post by Ethan Abraham » February 15th, 2020, 6:48 am

Zachys has mags for 75 in their current sale.

Keith_B
GCC Member
GCC Member

#79 Post by Keith_B » February 15th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Grabbed 8 from wine.com with the $100 off $300 coupon. Can’t wait to try some!
Instagram: @keithbentley

Daniel McIntosh
GCC Member
GCC Member

#80 Post by Daniel McIntosh » February 16th, 2020, 6:06 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 6:33 am
BTW, the 2016 Langhe Nebbiolo from Produttori is just singing now.
Indeed. I like it more than the Barbaresco right now.

Bob Semon

#81 Post by Bob Semon » February 17th, 2020, 6:42 pm

David Glasser wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 7:35 am
Mattstolz wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 7:33 pm
John Preston wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 5:27 pm

I already purchased mine from Vin Chicago and Binnys...

Cheers,
JP
C. Keller wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Its on the shelves up here in the Northeast.
is that true of the 2015 Riservas for y'all as well? Ive bought a couple 2016 normale from Envoyer as pre arrivals, but normally around me it hits shelves at the same time as the Riservas
Haven’t seen any 2016 Riservas, don’t think they’re released yet.
It's unlikely that there will be riservas in 2016. Several years ago, at a tasting, Aldo Vacca explained that the Produttori never produces the Riservas for more than three years in a row. It's a business decision they've made. They feel that they would be competing with their own wines. Other considerations also are input into the decision to bottle Riservas, of course. No Riservas in 2003, for instance.
2013, 2014 and 2015 vintages were Riserva vintages. In the "fourth vintage", the cru juice is blended in with the standard wine. 1998, 2006, 2010, etc. are examples. 2016 may be in that group. Hence, potentially a notable value.

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#82 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » February 17th, 2020, 6:52 pm

When I was at the Produttori in June 2018, Aldo Vacca said there would be 2016 Riservas.

Marcus Dean

#83 Post by Marcus Dean » February 17th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Yup 100% there will be 16 Riservas

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member

#84 Post by Sh@n A » February 17th, 2020, 7:16 pm

No 16 Riservas will make me sad.
/ @ g r @ \

Joe Parisi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#85 Post by Joe Parisi » February 18th, 2020, 7:15 am

Are the riservas generally worth the $30 premium if the normales are this good?

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#86 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » February 18th, 2020, 7:48 am

Marcus Dean wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 7:01 pm
Yup 100% there will be 16 Riservas
And maybe 2017 as well if I recall correctly. The tank sample of 2017 Pora was very tasty.

Bob Semon

#87 Post by Bob Semon » February 18th, 2020, 11:08 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 6:52 pm
When I was at the Produttori in June 2018, Aldo Vacca said there would be 2016 Riservas.
Thank you, David, for updating the record. I'm pleased that the business model there has changed.

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#88 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » February 18th, 2020, 11:14 am

Bob Semon wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 11:08 am
D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 6:52 pm
Thank you, David, for updating the record. I'm pleased that the business model there has changed.
The weather has modified the business model. Crazy demand for the wines helps as well.

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member

#89 Post by AlexS » March 6th, 2020, 5:24 pm

bump

Finally tasting this and yeah, buy it now while it's still in the wild. Hard to believe this can be had all-in for $35ish...better than the 2016 Nervi Gattinara, imo (as one price/availability comp).
s t e w @ r t

mike pobega
GCC Member
GCC Member

#90 Post by mike pobega » March 6th, 2020, 6:12 pm

thoughts on 2015 reserves?

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#91 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » March 6th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Inspired me to pick up a mag.

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member

#92 Post by AD Northup » March 6th, 2020, 6:27 pm

mike pobega wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 6:12 pm
thoughts on 2015 reserves?
Bought 2 of 4 different ones there other day...my recent experience with the cru’s and this one lead me to be a believer
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2020 WsOTY:

2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (#1)
1954 Fontanafredda Barbaresco
2015 Ultramarine BdB

2019 WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Époque
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member

#93 Post by Sh@n A » March 6th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Anyone have the 2016 Vietti Castiglione to compare against the Produtorri? Similarish price point (Vietti seems to be coming mid-$40s).

Or a general comment on how the Produtorri will stack up against normales from the '16 vintage?
/ @ g r @ \

Len Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member

#94 Post by Len Stevens » March 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm

I live in Louisville and of course this wine is not available in KY...so after hearing all you Beserkers raving about the wine, I drove up to Chicago Binnys and picked up a case...hope all of you winos are happy!

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#95 Post by Dave McIsaac » March 7th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Len Stevens wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm
I live in Louisville and of course this wine is not available in KY...so after hearing all you Beserkers raving about the wine, I drove up to Chicago Binnys and picked up a case...hope all of you winos are happy!
I don't know about happy, but this did make me LOL [rofl.gif]

Honey, I am going to run to the store to pick up some wine.......

It's only a 600 mile roundtrip.........
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Martin Zwick

#96 Post by Martin Zwick » March 8th, 2020, 5:10 am

Len Stevens wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm

WOW.......respect.
„ When this is all over, nobody will admit to ever having supported it“

David Frum

Ron Erickson

#97 Post by Ron Erickson » March 8th, 2020, 7:27 am

It probably says more about the distribution system in the US. Many areas get completely shut out on several labels at the local retail level.

Len Stevens
GCC Member
GCC Member

#98 Post by Len Stevens » March 8th, 2020, 7:58 am

Ron Erickson wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:27 am
It probably says more about the distribution system in the US. Many areas get completely shut out on several labels at the local retail level.
Ahmen brother! Bourbon? Got you covered....otherwise SOL1

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#99 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » April 10th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Sh@n A wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 8:48 pm
Anyone have the 2016 Vietti Castiglione to compare against the Produtorri? Similarish price point (Vietti seems to be coming mid-$40s).

Or a general comment on how the Produtorri will stack up against normales from the '16 vintage?
Bump on this question. I've stocked up on the '16 Produttori, but wondering if I should buy more or go in for a case of the '16 Vietti Castiglione?

mike pobega
GCC Member
GCC Member

#100 Post by mike pobega » April 10th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Sipping the 16 Produttori now and its still awesome. After 1 week under Coravin.

Return to “Wine Talk”