Raj Parr Wine Club?

Has anyone tried any of the wines from the Raj Parr wine club, either through the club or via their email offers? Whoever he’s getting to design the labels is doing a phenomenal job, but I’m wondering how the stuff inside the bottle is. On par with Domaine de la Cote and Evening Land? Better? Worse?

The Pais is great. So much so that I think it’s already sold out. Haven’t had any of the other stuff.

The wines look interesting. Do you know if there he has a tasting room or some other way to taste his wines?

$2,000 for 24 bottles of private label juice?

wowsa.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I haven’t really cared for a single Domaine de la Cote that i’ve opened so far.

Didn’t join the club but have had several of the wines. Great wines for the a la carte prices.

John,

What are the a la carte prices? The ‘regular’ pricing seems high.

Cheers

Larry - the prices for which you can buy the wines direct without joining the club. You won’t be able to get some of the wines that are for club members only.

But what are the prices like, in terms of dollars?

John reading too fast and politely explaining “a la carte” [rofl.gif] good for you John, very unberserker of you [rofl.gif]

[rofl.gif]

[berserker.gif]

Their website shows prices averaging a bit higher than $30, but only for the wines that I suppose are a la carte. They don’t show prices for wines you can only get as a member of the exclusive club.

https://www.rajparrwineclub.com/Purchase

Candyfloss, PG88 and Pais are all solid drinkers for the price point.

$500 for a 6 bottle club seems pretty high, especially when most of the wines seem like they’re about $30-$50.

The wines you can buy aren’t the wines you get in the club. Supposedly the club wines are more serious and the ones on the site are more for drinking now. Still, $500 for 6 bottles is steep if you’ve never had any of them, which is why I’m trying to see if anyone else has had them (like his no-sulfite Pinot or Syrah).

He sells non GG wines online … often at a discount once you login & free shipping. I snagged the ANIKA Syrah, Never Say Never Cab & the AMRITA PN Magnum. I tasted all three at a tasting he did last year and they were great. I really wanted to get my hands on the Merlot (Colette) but they didn’t have any to sell; just to taste.

I think most of us have plenty of offers to pick from and don’t need a wine club.

You can only buy those if you’re a wine club member. I have an account, am logged in, and it still tells me I can’t buy them.

That’s so strange, I’m not a “member” in that I don’t subscribe and get the shipment twice a year, but when I log in I am able to purchase.
2014 Blanc de Blancs $75
2017 AMRITA $166.67
2015 Anika $75

Maybe a bug of some sort

2017 AMRITA $166.67

That is one expensive Pinot Noir!