Trying to find Mumm Cordon Rouge disgorgement date

I picked up some older looking Mumm Cordon Rouge at auction and am trying to find the disgorgement date. Does anyone know if there’s a way to do this with the lot number on the bottle?

John,

Depending on how old the bottle is, this may or may not work, but it should work for just about anything released since the late-90s.

How to decode the disgorgement date from a bottle of Mumm or Perrier-Jouet (any cuvee)

1. On each bottle, there is a lot number printed on the glass. It is normally found near the base of the bottle. Be careful to look for the printed number at the base of the bottle (and not the etched number which appears on some bottles, is easier to read, has less digits, and is sometimes found above the back label).
  2. This code will have the following pattern: L######## where # represents a number
  3. These numbers correlate to the following LDDDYYXXXXX (e.g., L1650800123) where:

• DDD is the is the day of the year; 165 for the 165th day of the year (mid-June)
• YY is the year; 08 for 2008
• XXXXX refers to the batch number and isn’t relevant to determining the disgorgement date

A bottle with a lot code of L1650800123 was disgorged in mid-June of 2008

Bravo!

I picked up some older looking Mumm Cordon Rouge at auction and am trying to find the disgorgement date. Does anyone know if there’s a way to do this with the lot number on the bottle?

Use to be my house Champagne but the newer vintages of this have been of lower quality than Mumm Brut Prestige.

Thanks Brad! I’m looking at one of the bottles now and the number is L2630760471. So that puts the disgorgement as September 20, 2007. I usually like NV champagne with a lot of bottle age, so it should be interesting to see how these perform.