no Rieslingfeier this year...fyi

After seven incredible years, Rieslingfeier has never been a more beloved, singular, and successful event.

We want to keep it this way. We want Rieslingfeier to be as healthy and lively 20 years and more into the future as it is today.

So to keep this feier burning, we have decided to transition the event to a biennial schedule (every other year). We believe this is more sustainable for the incredible growers who participate, but also for the incredible guests, volunteers and sommeliers who give this event the magical energy that defines it.

Thank you profoundly for all your love, passion, and support over the last seven years.

And rest up this winter: Rieslingfeier comes back with a vengeance in winter 2021.

Stephen Bitterolf
Rieslingfeier Founder

Oh no…this is sad :frowning:

Hopefully it still alive come 2021.

One of my favorite events of the winter.

2 Likes

Hopefully I am still alive come 2021.

No ONE is more bummed about this than me. I have attended every single one and almost all of the side events. I train all year for it. With that said this is an enormous completely non-profit labor of love for Stephen Bitterolf. And it is a big burden for most of the growers.

With that said Riesling MUST be celebrated! Look out for a post on a FeierRiesling (is this proper german grammer) BYOB event sometime in Jan/Feb!!!

After my recent Riesling epiphany with Pichler Unendlich, I could go for that.

Not sure what you mean by this… It’s just like English, Riesling Feier means “Riesling Party” and Feierriesling is more like “Party Riesling”, which probably suggest a lower quality, quaffable bottle of wine…

Good idea.

1 Like

So much for enjoying the journey.

Next cultivar.

To my ears, Feierriesling sounds quite strange. Rieslingfeier is more understandable, but not a common term in German, too. However, Rieslingfest is a common term to describe an event to celebrate Riesling.

‘Feier’ is rather a reception for guests, whereas ‘Fest’ is a public event - at least in general. For example: Hochzeitsfeier/Wedding party or Geburtstagsfeier/birthday party, but Weinfest/wine festival, Stadtfest/city festival, etc. A ‘Feier’ is a ‘Fest’, but more intimate, so to speak. ‘Fest’ is the more unspecific term.

Rudi + Andy - I thought Feier was celebration and Rieslinfeir is a Rieslingcelebration. Looking for a turn of a phrase name that honors but not copies the real Rieslingfeier. So I though FeierRiesling might translate to celebrate Riesling. Any ideas all in fun!

Jay - I will bring you an older Unendlich!

Robert, Unendlich/endless inspires me to a combination with Riesling. Riesling unendlich or Riesling endlos or Riesling ohne Ende. :slight_smile:

Save-the-date, Sunday, January 26th, 2020.

I cannot fathom a year without Rieslingfeier so I am organizing a BYOB Riesling event. This is in no way affiliated with Rieslingfeier except to honor a love of Riesling.

I will post the full details as soon as I have them ironed out with the restaurant which is one of my favorites and a Board favorite. We will be able to accommodate ~60 people.

I am posting this early so Jay Hack has as much advance notice as possible and if he attends I will finally be able to pour him a glass of G-Max. If you see him or know him please let him know via PM, text, email, phone or in-person because he missed my last Riesling event…

Looking forward to it!!

Hi Robert
Hope to be there on the 26th. Meri too!

Sounds great.

Fantastic news! Thanks for organizing Robert!

Yes, I’ll wait for details but hope that I can make it. Thanks Robert!

So happy there is interest! I should have the details soon.

i think i’m free robert
keep us posted!