Blacksmith Wines Cold Spring NY

Don’t bother doing business with these guys. Horrendous customer service. They ignored 3 requests to get a better description, or a picture of a bottle listed as stained. Finally responded and I was told they are a small store and don’t have the time to give a better description. They then recommended other places that would give me the service i desire. [scratch.gif]

I have done a little business with them and have a slightly different perspective. They definitely are a small operation – one or two people – so contact can be sporadic. Expecting an immediate response is going to lead to frustration. But when I have contacted them about old bottles (pretty much what they sell and the only things that interest me there), they’ve been really good about sending me pictures/descriptions and the bottles have been as represented and very good values. Their inventory is not real time and I have inquired about bottles it turned out they did not have.

This definitely isn’t like calling K&L or Calvert Woodley. But I am unlikely to be buying 30 year old wines from CW

Yes, this was my experience as well.

sent a question about shipping. they then asked me what I was interested in. Sent them 3 repsonses over a weeks time and heard nothing.

How about a simple, wine stained, bin marked, water stained, anything?

Jordan,

They are located about 15 miles from me, and it is on my way to drop off wine at another client. If you PM me what you are interested in, I can stop in and inquire for you. Would be happy to do so.

Mike

1 Like

thanks

my brother is half an hour away. Was going to have them ship to him. Will take my business elsewhere.

I had similar experience as Jordan. I decided not to deal with them. Their lack of CS will keep them as a small shop operation.

They didn’t respond to my emails but when I called, they were pretty helpful and fast. Expecting my first shipment from them arrive tomorrow.

1 Like

I had a very good experience with them. Quite responsive to emails, answered my questions, and shipped promptly. Will happily do business with Blacksmith again.

I have bought a decent amount of wine from Blacksmith and take the opposite stance from Jordan. I highly recommend Blacksmith and hope others aren’t turned off by Jordan’s post.

Mark is a great guy and has an incredible selection. As others have said, he is thinly staffed and may not be as responsive to all requests, but no reason to avoid.

Got my shipment today. Fast and packed well. Highly recommended. I suggest calling them rather than emailing.

+1 to non-responsiveness. Really quite surprising when you email a retailer like this given their inventory.

funny
i never heard of the place but from the website it looks exceptional
i’m just glad i don’t live too close!

(any publicity is good publicity?)