TN: 2014 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses

• 2014 Domaine Billaud-Simon Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (11/9/2019)
    Big air is your friend here…coiled and stingy at first, but a big splash decant for an hour wakes this gorgeous beauty up! Really tremendous viscosity in this…creamy, almost oily…yet CUT so nicely with lemon sweet tarts and salty crushed rocks. Just an absolute BOMB of sensual sensation in the mouth…perfect balance, very pleasing. Pure crystalline fruits…lemon citrus, grilled pineapple, chalky limestone…white flower, freshly cleaned linen florals…finishes puckering, little spicy, long and plush. What a great wine! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Knowing how 14s are now, 17 is a load up year while they are reasonably priced.

Sounds awesome, thanks for sharing Buzz.

I have had other 14’s from Billaud Simon and they were awesome. Have not had the Les Preuses but sounds like I should try and find some.

Thanks Buzz. What a beauty!

Strutting it’s stuff by the sea today!! Second best yellow wax-er!

1 Like

it was May 2016 when I was in Eze, France that I was alerted to the quality of 14 Chablis and posted on B-S MdT. Still great!

The 14 BS MdT is absolutely in the zone right now. Outstanding PC.

I often wonder if we will ever see anything close to the 2014 vintage in Chablis in terms of what we could define as ‘classic / proper’ traits. I’m not hopeful but will back up the truck if so.

1 Like

2021?

I haven’t tried any B-S 2021’s yet but I would be hopeful. I’ve been trying to stack up some 2021 Droins and Bessin-Tremblay. I did find a few left over 2014 B-S’s at Envoyer, but I think I cleaned them out.