Wine Wings - positive review

My wife got me some of these as a gift. I thought the idea of Wine Wings seemed kind of hokey, but they actually worked very well and give some peace of mind if you have other items in your luggage that you would not want to get bits of shattered glass and wine on.

Especially good if you only are carrying a few bottles and do not want to check a whole wine valise or styro box.

https://www.amazon.com/Wine-Wings-Reusable-Protector-Luggage/dp/B01F6CDE40/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Wine+Wings&qid=1573319460&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUEhNVUVUTjZZT1NGJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE5MjU2MVlMR1BaUTdIQk1BUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDk4MjQ2MVJPQUhYWlJOV0U1QyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

It seems like there a bunch of different types out there, and I can’t opine on the others, but this has very tough plastic, a triple seal, and a padded bubble wrap interior. They can be reused.

Beats having a wine shop wrap your precious cargo in ten layers of bubble wrap and duct tape…

A little nerdy but a nice gift. I just wrap my bottles in bubble wrap and put them into a bag, but these can be sealed, which is pretty nice.

And she went top of the line too!

“Wine Wings are the only wine bags to have inner bag attached to outer skin to prevent scrunching!”

Finally someone’s doing something about scrunching!

Been using (and reusing) WineSkin happily for years. 6/$15

They have worked well for me esp in my gold bag!

Uh oh. I think I managed to scrunch one of them when I pulled out the bottle kind of carelessly. So now I have a rumpled up bubble wrap inner layer, inside the thick plastic outerlayer.

I am glad I brought wine on my trip though. The supermarket here has a dismal selection, and its deliriously priced.

Damn scruncher!

Still a nice thing to have.

I would use those for sure

Do any of these fit a magnum?

I bought a dozen of these and after the first time using them, only nine survived the trip. The plastic cracked at the seams on the other three. I have purchased a wine suitcase and will be using that for subsequent trips.

I’ve used these and have been generally satisfied with them. Their edges are fairly sharp and may tear delicate clothing if packed together.

I’ve used Wineskin (8 for $20 @ Amazon) very happily … mostly able to reuse them, packed up to 6 bottles in a small roller with a few essential clothes for trip to a family dinner. I used to just wrap the bottles in something but this is easier and seals nicely. (Oh, I have never seen magnum sized ones)

Did the plastic crack on regular sized bottles? or were they big champagne bottles or something?

They were regular sized 750’s. Thy may well have been Pinot Noir bottles, but nothing wider.

I just lay a t-shirt out flat on a bed, roll each bottle in one t-shirt to wrap it, pack them tight together in a standard suitcase. I use other items to pad the edges of the suitcase (shoes, toiletries), then use larger clothing items to pad between layers of bottles. In a medium suitcase I can fit up to 8 standard bottles if they’re light, more like 6 or 7 if they’re a bit heaver (most flights I’m on limit to 50lbs). I’ve done it probably 30 or so times and never once had a bottle break or leak. A couple times I’ve opened my suitcase to see the note from the TSA that they searched my bag, but no bottles were missing and it was pack back up well enough to not have any problems.

Done the exact same thing multiple times. Never a broken bottle. Methode du Underwear et Socks.