TN: 2012 Paul Pernot et ses Fils Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos des Folatières

• 2012 Paul Pernot et ses Fils Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos des Folatières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (11/6/2019)
    This wine is stunning right now. Light yellow color. Beautiful focused golden fruit. The acid has finally taken a step forward as the fruit has receded. The nose is white burgundy. Mineral finish. I LOVE Pernot. This is a wine on the way up. Fabulous!

Posted from CellarTracker

This one has really taken a step forward in the last few years. Flabby in youth now beautifully taught and sexy.

Really good to see this note, Don, on the heels of Buzz’ note on the 14 Villages. Very cool and interesting that it is showing so well/its best at this 7 year mark. I have always liked most 12 whites even if they don’t have quite the hype and cut of the 14s.

Salud,

Mike

I’ve also found this with Pernot, and with his Folatieres in particular. Does not show so well in youth–also a bit oaky, if I recall–but when it comes round, it can be truly stunning. I only have a couple of bottles of the '11 left. I may have to source more from this period.

Nice note Don. I’ve been finding a lot to like about Pernot’s recent Bourgogne Blancs and Puligny Villages.

RT

Don - did you find the wine more evolved than you’d expected? I think the 2012 Pernots, while they can still be good, are in the “drink them up” category.

John.
To me it was still very young appearing. Not advanced. The aromatics are starting to really come around. FWIW.

With my very limited experience, I find '12 a fine to great vintage for white Burgundy, assuming no premox. Stern, firm, balanced and classic, it reminds me a little of '95.

Dan Kravitz