PSA: Harrington Sale (Open House this Saturday Dec 7 1-4 PM)

As many of you know Harrington is closing its doors. There will be two final open houses outlined below but Ken Zinns emailed this out the other day with details on the close out pricing.

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/939167/87829a6c03/1588015571/2e938ae8be/

Harrington Wines Closing - Final Sale and Open House, Nov 17 and Dec 7

Yes, it’s true… Harrington Wines is closing down. We are done. From the beginning in 2002, we have danced on the razor’s edge because of our desire to keep the wine quality high and the prices low. The goal was to offer unique wines and keep them affordable for regular folks. Hence, a recent tripling of rent on our San Francisco warehouse has cut deep and made it impossible to carry on. It has been a great run and the crew and I have enjoyed meeting and drinking wine with many of you. And to celebrate that, we have one final, very special offer to extend to those of you on our mailing list.

For this final offer, pricing is going to be a little different. You can buy any wine from the list below but all sales must amount to a full case and, rejoice, the price for a case is what you would normally pay for six bottles. The full case (12 bottles) price will be only $192 (plus tax and shipping) or just $16 per bottle. You can mix different wines to make a case, but we will only be honoring purchases in 12 bottle lots.
This is a great opportunity to stock up the cellar one last time at a great price. Normal prices for these wines range from $25 to $45, so you will be receiving anywhere from 36% - 54% off of regular retail prices, And to make this offer even more special, feel free to order as many cases as you like. NO LIMITS!

We are offering all the following wines while they last:

2015 VINTAGE
Grenache, Siletto Vineyard, San Benito County
Aglianico, Gianelli Vineyard, Tuolumne County
SubRosa, Mourvedre/Syrah blend, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County

2016 VINTAGE
Mourvedre, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County
Nebbiolo, Luna Matta Vineyard, Paso Robles
Bonafide, Graciano/Mourvedre blend, California

2017 VINTAGE
Syrah, McEvoy Ranch, Marin County
Merlot, Vanni Vineyard, Santa Clara County
Sagrantino, Wheeler Vineyard, San Benito County
Eros III Cep, Mourvedre, Syrah & Grenache blend, Sumu Kaw Vineyard

2018 VINTAGE
Chardonnay, Liebeler Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mountains
Verdelho, Walnut Wash Vineyard, Napa County
Falanghina, Calleri Vineyard, San Benito County
Ribolla Gialla, Clements Hills
Gamay, Calleri Vineyard, San Benito County
Pinot Noir, Central Coast
Pinot Noir, Chock Rock Vineyard, Monterey County
Trousseau, Siletto Vineyard, San Benito
Negrette, Calleri Vineyard, San Benito County
Syrah, Sumu Kaw Vineyard, El Dorado County
Caberent Franc, Cedar Crest Vineyard, Manton Valley
Cabernet Franc, Wheeler Vineyard, San Benito County
Cabernet Sauvignon, Cedar Crest Vineyard, Manton Valley
Cabernet Sauvignon, Wheeler Vineyard, San Benito County
Sagrantino, Calleri Vineyard, San Benito County
Tempesta, Corvina & Pinot Noir blend, Siletto Vineyard, San Benito County
Hard Luck, Nebbiolo & Montepulciano blend, the perfect pizza wine
Eros III Cep, Mourvedre, Syrah & Grenache blend, El Dorado County

NON VINTAGE
Twelve Moons, Malvasia & Greco di Tufo & Moscato blend

VERMOUTH
Chinato, a Nebbiolo-based digestivo,

DESSERT
Angelica, Mission grape fortified wine, 375 ML

PURCHASE
Fill out the form below with your choices and send via email to: bh@harringtonwine.com
or by regular mail with your check or your credit card information to:
Harrington Wines
205 Nevada Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
All purchases are for at least one full case of 12 bottles per order at one price of $192 plus shipping and tax for California residents. All wines listed above are eligible for inclusion in your 12 bottle case.
http://www.harringtonwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-fall-order-form.pdf

OPEN HOUSE
Finally, we will be having two final Open House days this Fall. All of the wines listed above will be available to taste and to purchase.
Where: 1559 Custer Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94124
When: Sunday, November 17th, 1 to 4 PM
or Saturday, December 7th, 1 to 4 PM
Admission: $20, may be applied to wine purchases
Phone: 415.652.9655
bh@harringtonwine.com for details

If you would like to pick up your order at the Open House, please let us know on your order form.

Many, many thanks for all the support over the last 17 years. Simply put, it has been a wonderful adventure. Ken, Al, Wes, Russell, Alan and I hope you have enjoyed the fruits of our efforts.

Bryan Harrington
November 4, 2019
www.harringtonwine.com

Thanks for the mention of the Harrington sale and open house, Sean. As I noted on another discussion here, the Sunday 11/17 Harrington open house is the same afternoon as the Mansfield-Dunne / August West / Sandler open house - it’s only a 5-6 minute drive between the two, so if you’ll be in the San Francisco area that day it will be a great opportunity to check out the wines from both places.

+1 on that Ken. I will be there. Trying to recruit some friends to join me.

Reminder open house is Sunday. Have a decent crew of Berskerserkers from the South Bay and Penninsula headed up to the tasting. We’ll be headed to Harrington first and then over the August West/Mannsfiled Dunn. For those fans of Santa Cruz Mountain Chardonnay. The 2018 Chardonnay, Liebeler Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mountains is a really pretty wine. It was White WOTN at the last blind Harrington tasting we had. It’s a very nice restrained wine that showcases what SCM should taste like and at $16 a bottle its pretty killer QPR. I bought quite a few at $30 a bottle and plan on buying quite a bit more.

I hope to see some new faces up there on Sunday.

BTW: We an another group of berskers headed to McHenry vineyards in Bonny Doon on Saturday for their annual open house. We will be heading there around noon for tasting and picnicing afterwards.

Sean

This is an amazing deal. I’m pretty busy with work, but I’m hoping I can get up there and buy some at one of these dates.

For anyone interested, the Mansfield-Dunne open house starts at noon, Harrington starts at 1, both go til 4. They’re about a 5 minute drive apart. I recommend going to Ed’s place first, at noon, since there will be so many wines and familiar faces, you’ll want the whole time. One tip is don’t enter August West in Google Maps - that’s a block down across the street. Mansfield-Dunne or Cellars 33 will take you to the right spot. Sandler will, of course, be on offer. Don’t miss Highlawn, especially the Picpoul and Petite Sirah. Not sure, but likely one or more other wineries will be there.

And, yeah, there are twenty 2018 Harrington wines available (since the Misteri is sold out). Even a Gamay…

+1 on the Highlawn Sounds like a day for dinner at the Chowder House afterwards.

see yall sunday

Sean

That’s The Old Clam House, which has been there since 1861. A three block walk from Mansfield-Dunne. Originally a waterfront spot, now quite a bit of landfill away. No corkage.

Just put in my order for 8 cs. Left some of the good stuff for others.
Tom

Copied this from another board in case it hasn’t been posted elsewhere on WB:

FINAL HARRINGTON WINES OPEN HOUSE and Sale, Saturday December 7th, 1 - 4pm

This is it. Our last Open House and your last shot at unreal prices on all of our wines.

The full case (12 bottles) price has been reduced to $180 (plus tax and shipping) or just $15 per bottle for this event only and up until Dec 7th. You can mix different wines to make a case, but we will only be honoring purchases of 12 bottles or more. After the Open House next Saturday, we will be moving out of our winery space and all of our remaining wine will be sent to a winery fulfillment warehouse. At that point, the wines will be sold to restaurant and retail outlets or at full retail price to all future buyers with more costly shipping and handling fees.

Normal prices for these wines range from $25 to $45, so you will be receiving anywhere from 36% - 54% off of regular retail prices. There are no NO LIMITS on how many cases you can order!

Choose from any of the following wines while they last:

2015 VINTAGE

2016 VINTAGE

2017 VINTAGE

2018 VINTAGE
Pet Bet, a sparkling, ramato-style Pinot Gris

NON VINTAGE

VERMOUTH

DESSERT

PURCHASE
Fill out the form below with your choices and send via email to: bh@harringtonwine.com
Harrington Wines
205 Nevada Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
All purchases are for at least one full case of 12 bottles per order at one price of $180 plus shipping and tax for California residents. All wines listed above are eligible for inclusion in your 12 bottle case.
http://www.harringtonwine.com/wp-cont

OPEN HOUSE
Here are the details on the coming Open House. All of the wines listed above should be available to taste and to purchase.
When: Saturday, December 7th, 1 to 4 PM

If you would like to pick up your order at the Open House, please let us know on your order form.

We look forward to seeing you this coming Saturday.

Bryan Harrington

Redirecting...

– Harrington Wines

www.harringtonwine.com

Having little familiarity with the wines, I simply emailed Bryan and asked him to put together a mixed case of his choosing. He was happy to do so, and the wines arrive last week. Definitely an eclectic mix! Looking forward to trying these.

I was fully planning on going up on Sun, but now got booked on a job. Hoping I can do what Nate did and just order a case or two, dealers choice for pickup later.

Please note December 7th is Saturday, not Sunday.

FINAL HARRINGTON WINES OPEN HOUSE and Sale, Saturday December 7th, 1 - 4pm

barel spikes-3 This is it. Our last Open House and your last shot at unreal prices on all of our wines. As it turns out, our first sparkling wine is also our last Harrington wine release. With this email, we are offering Pet Bet, a beautiful pink, sparkling Pinot Gris. The wine was produced like an Italian “Col Fondo” wine, which translates as “on the bottom” so expect a slight lees deposit on the bottom of the bottle. We believe this adds a fascinating texture and flavor to the wine. You can either shake the bottle and drink the wine slightly opaque or let it stand and drink it clear. In either case, Pet Bet will be the perfect libation for your holiday celebrations.

For this coming event only and until Dec 7th, the full case (12 bottles) price has been reduced to only $180 (plus tax and shipping) or just $15 per bottle. You can mix different wines to make a case, but we will only be honoring purchases in 12 bottle lots. After the Open House next Saturday, we will be moving out of our winery space and all of our remaining wine will be sent to a winery fulfillment warehouse. At that point, the wines will be sold to restaurant and retail outlets or at full retail price to all future buyers with rather pricey shipping and handling fees.

Normal prices for these wines range from $25 to $45, so you will be receiving anywhere from 36% - 54% off of regular retail prices. There are no NO LIMITS on how many cases you can order!

Choose from any of the following wines while they last:

2015 VINTAGE

2016 VINTAGE

2017 VINTAGE

2018 VINTAGE
Pet Bet, a sparkling, ramato-style Pinot Gris

NON VINTAGE

VERMOUTH

DESSERT

PURCHASE
Download and fill out the form below with your choices and send via email to: bh@harringtonwine.com
Harrington Wines
205 Nevada Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
All purchases are for at least one full case of 12 bottles per order at one price of $180 plus shipping and tax for California residents. All wines listed above are eligible for inclusion in your 12 bottle case.
http://www.harringtonwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-fall-order-form-revised-2.pdf

OPEN HOUSE
Here are the details for the final Open House. All of the wines listed above should be available to taste and to purchase.
When: Saturday, December 7th, 1 to 4 PM

We look forward to seeing you this coming Saturday.

Bryan Harrington

www.harringtonwine.com

Thanks for the correction, Wes. I’ll see if I can make it.

Thanks to all for posting this - I just emailed my order in. Looking forward to trying some of the more eclectic offerings along with the GSMs I also ordered. (And sorry to be doing so under these circumstances).

(I need the emoji of this guy but with sad face). [cheers.gif]

No reason to feel bad. Bryan isn’t closing because he has to, just various changes caused him to decide that now was a good time to exit the wine business and return to art (although he also talks about living out of a backpack in various places in Europe until he decides where he wants to land). He has priced things to help sell inventory, but he is very happy about his decision.

-Al

Bryan also responded to my order and we had a nice e-mail exchange discussing the wines, swapping a few out on his recommendation, etc. Overall a great interaction. I’ll take Al’s thought and change my attitude - I’m happy to be fortunate enough to take advantage of such a deal and wish Bryan (and of course Ken and Wes and the rest of the crew) all the best.

I ended up with a syrah, a couple of the Eros GSM blends, the SCM chard, the ribolla, the aglianico, the trousseau, the negrette, the sagrantino, the corvina/pinot blend, and a couple of the chinato. Looking forward to trying them!

Those are a bunch of my favorites.