TN: 2018 P.J. Kühn "Jacobus" Riesling - BestBuy

2018 P.J. Kühn “Jacobus” Riesling, Rheingau

Here we have the Estate Riesling of the estate Peter Jakob Kühn from the Rheingau region, around 13€ in Germany. Beautiful floral perfume. Then a ripe fruit with notes of wildflower meadow, salty minerality and a good grip&punch in form of a vibrating acidity.

Keep your eyes open for this Riesling and don’t hesitate to pick up a bottle. You will get a lot of bang for the buck!

IMG_0277.JPG
Gin Gin
Martin

Thank you, Martin

I recently discovered a wine of this domain, in an italian restaurant in Bordeaux.

Rheingau Peter Jakob Kühn Oestricher Doosberg 2016 (AP 8/18) : 17,5/20 (excellent)
Pensé initialement à un chardonnay bourguignon (Meursault Perrières ?). Viennent ensuite les notes du cépage : citron vert, cumin. Dense, vif, à attendre encore 10 ans.

Quelle surprise!

Yes Laurent, Doosberg is a great Riesling and together with St. Nikolaus and Landgeflecht part of the Top-wines of the estate. I was quite impressed last week about 2017 Oestricher Doosberg.

How funny, an italian restaurant in Bordeaux.

Tentazioni, that I highly recommend …

Very good food and a tremendous wine list (the Jakob Kühn was brought by a guest).

Do you agree, for the Doosberg, with an slight impression of chardonnay ?

YES

Also the flavors of “citron vert, cumin” I discovered too.

P.S. 2016 or 2017 Oestricher Doosberg is around 45€ , so 13€ for the Jacobus is quite a bargain.

Lime, cumin, blackcurrant and coconut are common for German rieslings.

David Rayer, who edits the famous Mosel Fine Wines, told me that this impression of chardonnay is not a surprise (he uses casks).

Thanks for the reminder of Tentazioni, we must visit!