TN: 2015 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Vireuils

• 2015 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Vireuils - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (11/2/2019)
    A bright and fresh nose of honeysuckle, lemon and white peach. It is full, with a fruit sweet heart and a touch of chalky mineral in the background. The’re good persistence of spiced orchard fruit flavour to the finish.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for note Jeremy. You collecting any 2015/16s or focused on cellaring 2014/17s?

Thanks Jeremy. Sounds on par. Recent Roulots have been a bit richer and less squint inducing from the few that I have seen.

Kris, whilst my general preference is for 14/17’s, I have still put quite a few bottles of '15’s and '16’s in my cellar from the usual suspects, ie Ramonet, Roulot, PYCM, Thomas Morey, Jacques Carillon, Hubert Lamay etc

Kent, the richer years, such as '15 and '16, really suit the Roulot style.

Tasted both 2017 and 2018 from barrel. Two really great vintages for Roulot.

Spotted in Venice 3 weeks ago at some shabby enoteca [rofl.gif]
116D8CFE-BE76-4926-9E05-E34479773E64.jpeg

Well spotted Kenny.

That’s also my experience. Even an '09 (believe it was Luchets) was drinking beautifully a couple of weeks ago, and there are more data points for me.

I had the 2013 yesterday . Chalky with good present acidities , medium bodied , not complex but a style I love . Nice wine and affordable at the restaurant .