TN: 2017 Stangeland Pinot Noir Eola Hills Cuvee

• 2017 Stangeland Pinot Noir Eola Hills Cuvee - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (10/31/2019)
    Day 1: An old friend. Have not have a Stangeland in a while. WTSO deal. Very nice with soy, spice, violets, strawberries and minerals. Short to medium finish with good acidity. Solid wine for less than $20.
    Day 2: A bit better with beef tips, earth, strawberries, spice and minerals. Very clean wine flavorful. This is young and needs time but the potential is there. 90 points
    Day 3: Even better. Strawberry, violets, cherry, spice, minerals and cedar. Medium plus finish. The best day of the 3. 91 points
    Recommendation: Buy this on WTSO. Stangeland is one of the most underrated Oregon Producers. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note John. I’ve seen these Stangeland offerings and have been tempted. Which other producers would you compare to Stangeland in terms of style?

WTSO often has wines in stock even after they have “sold out”. They currently have a 2016 Stangeland in their holiday selection.
I also purchased some 2014 Carabella last week from WTSO. I’ve tasted the wine at events, but never bought any at the regular price. At $20 is is definitely a deal, and should be to the liking of those who favor restraint. The Carabella vineyard is in the Chehalem Mountain area, one of the coolest in the Willamette,