First 2012 cristal offering i've seen

$229; anyone try this yet?

Haven’t had it, but offers out of London are sub $200.

Didnt try but a pass for me at that price. I will get the 08 or 09 and if i really want the 12, buy it in UK or HK.

I grabbed a couple but will look for lower prices for subsequent purchases.

I saw the offer, too.

I bought my 2008s at Costco, and at $250 a pop when tax is folded in, I’m not rushing now to blow up my budget on doing these 2012s pre-arrival. I’m going to wait for Costco to offer them down the road.

It’s really good! Very worthy successor to the 2008.

Ditto!

Envoyer has never offered the best pricing for big house Champagne, so why purchase knowing there will be better prices from other places? And it’s pre-arrival, too, not like you’ll get them any sooner.

Shrug.

That’s not necessarily true. Their price on 08 veuve is the best I’ve seen.

Also a fantastic wine.

Certainly don’t disagree that their pricing is sometimes not the best. But sometimes it’s pretty good. As the above example shows, along with 06 and 07 Taittinger CdC

If you were able to pick up 07 or 12 for the same price, which would you choose?

2012 Cristal is damn good. Better than the 2008 right now and a kind of cross between 2008 and 2009 as it has great structure and length, but also is very approachable and fruity. 2008 has a slight bit more potential, but the 2012 is very, very, very good.

where does 09 Cristal fit in this hierarchy.

IMO. best to least. 08, 12, 9, 7

I’ve been offered both for less, and have even seen equal or better prices from retailers accessible to all, too. Agreed with Yao that prices can be pretty good though, especially for Comtes.

You’ve seen 08 veuve for less than $49?

Cheapest on WS Pro is $54 and that’s for 6 min. I think that’s a pretty solid price.

Should have clarified. The equal/better price I saw was for Comtes (didn’t buy 08 Veuve), private offers were less for both. Prices for big houses like Krug and Cristal and Dom have never been good from Envoyer, IMO. Can be obtained for much cheaper.

That’s probably true. Sometimes Vins rare has much better deals.