Another Wine Fridge question

My daughter-in-laws sister wants to get a wine fridge. She’s asking for an opinion on Ovation and Wine Enthusiasts. Any thoughts? She’s interested in an under cabinet, or free standing unit. Can hold under 30 bottles.

dh

Dan,

This is the unit I bought for both of my kids.
https://www.build.com/edgestar-cwf380dz/s1546125

I have a Wine Enthusiast unit I bought at an auction site. Holds 24 bottles- works great. I paid about $ 100

Personally, I have not had a lot of luck with Edgestars. In fact, one that I had been using broke down this week. My go to these days is this model from Danby, of which I will soon have 12 (as well as a La Cache and offsite): [u]danby 36 bottle freestanding wine cooler[/u] - Google Suche

How long did they last for you?

12! How’s your electric bill?

1 Like

Thank you both. I’ll send her the link.

I’ve liked the whirlpool ones I’ve bought from target.

first one is going for 3 years no problems. Second frig for just over 1 year no issues.

I’d say on average 5-7 years–a couple less and a couple more.

12! How’s your electric bill?

Actually, they don’t have a very big effect, I suspect because once they have hit temperature they don’t need to run that often or that long.

The GE 55 bottle model is my favorite, quiet and reliable.

I’m looking for a large capacity wine fridge to augment my offsite storage. Artevino III by EuroCave, sold by Costco, looks like a candidate. Does anyone have one? What other 400+ bottles are recommended?

1 Like

Thanks, Carlton. If only there was a search function… newhere

I’ve had this one for 10 years and love it. Bottom two shelves are great for champers/mags. Kept the wine right at 55. Only complaint is that the humidity in mine ran a bit low. But for the price, can’t be beat.