Drinking wine in the same vineyard that produced it....

The only thing cooler than drinking La Tache in the cellar of DRC…would be drinking La Tache in the VINEYARD of La Tache!!! [worship.gif]
So…what wines have you had the privilege of drinking, while strolling through the same vineyard that produced said wine? I can only think of one for me…drinking Mondavi I Block, while strolling through the I Block vineyard some 10+yrs ago. I remember holding on to a gnarly vine, and taking a sip at the same time…believe it or not…it was a moving experience!

You?

We visited Limerick Lane a few years back and tasted the 1910 Block Zinfandel in the 1910 block. Really cool experience and good sales tactic as we walked away with a couple bottles.

It really is the best. I’ve had the luxury of this experience in a few vineyards in the Willamette Valley, and one in France.

It’s just a neat feeling.

Did it in NJ in some place that my friends took me to. I’m sure if the wines tasted good it would be awesome but the place I was taken to,the wines were shitty.

Done it a few times in CDP, New Zealand, Barbaresco, and the Willamette Valley. Always fun and provides a deeper connection to the wine.

Montrachet. Cold and windy in early March but sunny. 2000 Drouhin MdL Monty. Pretty sweet. Have done it here in Oregon at probably every vineyard we get fruit from. Still, worse days can be had than that.

Evening Land this month. Did a tasting walking around their Seven Springs vineyard standing in the areas where the various grapes were picked. Including their 2017 Anden which is now a fallow field. Took one of the vines they dug out home (checked in a broken, taped up suitcase) and plan to put it on the wall of my new wine room. Just seemed like a cool thing to do.

Also visited Goodfellow and met Marcus that trip…a treat indeed.

Very nice to do this. So far I’ve done

Vigna Riona, Francia, Monprivato and Villero in Piemonte
Blanchot in Chablis

I got to have Evening Land Seven Springs La Source in Seven Springs Vineyard. It was a real treat.

Does pissing in the vineyard after consuming a bottle count? The circle of life. :crazy_face:

We´ve done it several times: Echezeaux (Arnoux) in Echezeaux,
Jean (Michel) Gros in Richebourg,
Chateau des Tours in des Tours (although I don´t know if it was the actual Vacqueyras-vineyard - or only Cotes-du-Rhone …
Rostaing CR in La Landonne …
and several times in Styrian vineyards …
always during a nice pick-nick - often with the winemakers.
However it´s not always as perfect as it sounds, issues with stems, proper temperature, no decanting etc. … but usually a lot of fun.

Not to mention chemical farming smells and manure, diesel or petrol aromas wafting about.