TN: 2016 Michel Mallard Ladoix Les Joyeuxes

This is an incredible wine. I don’t drink a lot of Ladoix but it is a pretty nice terroir. Right above Chorey-les-Beaune and east of Corton-Rognet, it is a place where you can find great sites.

Just ask Coche Dury!

2016 Michel Mallard Ladoix Les Joyeuxes

The nose is darker perfectly ripe fruit. Focused on the nose and palate. Precise. Mineral and “crunchy”. So delicious on the palate. This wine shows a perfect ripeness and balance of fruit/acid. Refreshing. Beautiful texture in the mouth. This just needs time to flesh out the complexity here. In the mean time, this is just a wonderful drink. A real pleasure and great find. Wonderful!

very excited by this note, Don. I have a 2005 Corton Renardes from him up to bat in about a week for a dinner. Will hope for great things.

Lots of puns to be made about how Michel Mallard would “react” to your spelling of his name…

Oops!

Don’t be too hard on our Don—there is Pascal Maillard (who I met some years ago) at Domaine Maillard Pere et Fils. :wink: Nice guy making decent wines.

I bought all his reminding bottles of Corton-Renardes 2010 from a LCBO Store years ago.

He is also the wine-maker for Dom. Eugenie and they are very hard to buy in Ontario and Quebec.