Wine Shipment Insurance

On a semi related note from a recent thread, Wineries please note - I am sick of styro shippers - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers on Styrofoam, I was wondering the following:

1. Has anyone ever been offered insurance by a winery when they are mailing out your allocations or recent wine order? Many of the large carriers such as UPS and FedEx have very poor coverage and often create a long drawn out process to file a claim, hence wineries seldom offering any additional insurance.

2. Would any fellow Berserkers or people ITB pay a small additional fee (not even pennies on the dollar) from the winery that includes full insurance coverage for any physical damage, heat & freezing damage, pushed corks, spoilage or delivery driver theft as well as free return shipping of said damaged wine back to the winery?

Im not 100% sure but I think not all cover heat, freezing, cork, spoilage damages.

When paid-in-full wine is shipped, the buyer is deemed to have taken legal and practical possession, even before home arrival. A good personal property insurance policy may thereby provide primary coverage against in-transit casualty loss or damage. Check with your insurer.