TN: 2018 Jolie-Laide Trousseau Noir Poulsard Gamay Valdiguié (USA, California)

• 2018 Jolie-Laide Trousseau Noir Poulsard Gamay Valdiguié - USA, California (10/17/2019)

Boy was this good. Pobega’d this one as I came home to a case of wine in my garage. Pop n pour, kinda simple but in a good way. Brightness from the Gamay/Valdiguié, Strawberries and rose petals from the Trousseau, no harshness, no sharp edges, no real tannic structure to deal with but not flabby in any way. You can just dive right in and reap the pleasure this wine brings. Cool label too.

Posted from CellarTracker

I had my first Jolie Laide at a restaurant recently, the rose of Valdiguié. It was really excellent. I otherwise know zero about the producer. Anyone want to fill me in a bit?

Scott is the asst winemaker for Pax Mahle. Low alc, low intervention, non traditional California varieties. Hipster Wine kinda. Really well made. I’ve gone through 5 different vintages and no duds for my palate.
Trousseau, Pinot Gris, Gamay, Syrah, Valdiguié, Grenache, Pinot Noir, Mourvedre, Syrah, Poulsard, lots of blends. From places like Halćon, Rossi Ranch, Provisor, Shake Ridge, Antle, Barsotti, Rorick, Fanucchi Wood Rd, all real easy drinking.

Kinda?

You think?

(Sounds really interesting!)

Well…

Hey Brian, you scooped me on this one. I had just found my notes on my Jolie Laide Pick Up-Open House this past Saturday. Totally agree this is tasty and serious.

Full notes and tidbits from talking with Scott later.

Tom

Both the project and the wines sound pretty similar to Sandlands. Which I love – had a 2017 Red Table Wine (blend of carignane and mataro, I think) the other night which was so damn good.

Anyone want to comment on whether they agree or disagree with that statement?

so psyched to read these notes!! thank you!! waiting patiently for my bottles to arrive!!