John Fox (PC) Update

Got an e-mail this morning from USDOJ informing me that Fox’s release date has been changed to February 22, 2021 and that he is not eligible for parole. Not sure if the new date is earlier or later then previous release date.

lol… john fox is on pre-arrival

There is no parole in the federal system.

[rofl.gif] He will be on the next prisoner transfer bus.

Can he get us some good wine ?

I nominate for post of the year.

lol… john fox is on pre-arrival

Totally agree! This put a big smile on my face this morning- thanks Yaacov!

Cheers,

Hal

i serve at the collective pleasure of the berserkerdom

And it’s “on the water” as we speak.

This time, we all would appreciate delayed delivery.
Perhaps, James Gillerman can provide a useful excuse.

JF should receive 6 months of home detention (or possibly a half way house) as a last component of his sentence, which is in place of time he normally would have had to serve; and then there are other good time reductions of his sentence. The relatively recent federal First Step Act requires 6 months of home detention for many people, and JF looks like to be an eligible candidate. When he gets out he will have have supervised release, which is essentially probation.

hahahah. He can start paying us all back as promised, too!

Beat me to it.

I have said this before the whole debacle to some local wine geeks. The prices are great but concerned about the wait time. The only wines I ever bought from them were in stock.

That’s pretty farking funny. Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

Slight thread drift - I thought there was word that there would be some checks coming from the bankruptcy to those that lost money. Was I mistaken or?

Bottle condition: slightly depressed cork.

The bankruptcy isn’t wrapped up, yet, although it looks like it’s getting close. Any checks would come after then know how much money has been collected and how much is left after paying off the entities involved collecting the money and the creditors farther up in the line.

I also received the update. I think he’s being released a little sooner, probably for reasons Christopher mentioned earlier.

-Al

I imagine the civil suits are still live, as well as any restitution required by the court.

He agreed to repay at least $45M as part of his sentencing deal. Personally, I think modest checks from the bankruptcy trustee are more likely.

-Al