What is your Barolo of the year ?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
Laurent Gibet
Posts: 912
Joined: May 1st, 2010, 9:48 am

What is your Barolo of the year ?

#1 Post by Laurent Gibet » October 16th, 2019, 8:39 am

For me :
Giuseppe Mascarello Barolo Monprivato Riserva Ca d’Morissio 2003 : 19/20
Burlotto Barolo Monvigliero 2012 : 18,5/20
Bartolo Mascarello Barolo 2011 (magnum) : 18,5/20
Giuseppe Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi San Lorenzo Ravera 2006 : 18,5/20

Definitly among the best red wines in the world ...
Great emotions ...
www.invinoveritastoulouse.fr

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4653
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#2 Post by Kris Patten » October 16th, 2019, 2:36 pm

2013 Elio Grasso Casa Mate
ITB

User avatar
AndyK
Posts: 247
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#3 Post by AndyK » October 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm

1996 Giacosa Asili Riserva -- never had a wine this good!
k0berl

User avatar
Brady Daniels
Posts: 1889
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 7:24 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#4 Post by Brady Daniels » October 16th, 2019, 3:21 pm

2000 Giacosa Rabaja was singing. This wine has always drunk well, but now its maturing nicely, some might say prematurely. Dammit, just realized you wanted a Barolo, and this is a lowly Barbaresco.
-Brady D on CT - Omnivinovore

User avatar
Stephen Faulkner
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 261
Joined: September 6th, 2010, 8:30 am
Location: WV Panhandle

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#5 Post by Stephen Faulkner » October 16th, 2019, 4:04 pm

2001 Cascina Bruni Barolo Rivasotto This was a beautiful rendition of a great drinking Barolo. I have one bottle left but am not sure how it can get any better. Should I hold out?

Tom Taylor
Posts: 367
Joined: February 24th, 2016, 10:08 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#6 Post by Tom Taylor » October 16th, 2019, 4:20 pm

2004 Brovia Villero
ITB

User avatar
Jeremy Holmes
Posts: 6674
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#7 Post by Jeremy Holmes » October 16th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Probably the 2015 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Barolo Monvigliero. Had a bottle in a restaurant in Serralunga last week, then tasted it with Fabio at the winery a couple of days later. Incredible perfume, silky texture, voluminous and so long. Wide open and giving for now. Had to bust one from my cellar last night just to check if I wasn't getting too carried away in rating its greatness. It is one of the greatest young Barolo I have had.
ITB

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4653
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#8 Post by Kris Patten » October 16th, 2019, 6:03 pm

AndyK wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 3:16 pm
1996 Giacosa Asili Riserva -- never had a wine this good!
Barbaresco?
ITB

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#9 Post by Diane Kessler » October 16th, 2019, 6:30 pm

2011 Cappellano Pie Rupestris - a real beauty

User avatar
AndyK
Posts: 247
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#10 Post by AndyK » October 16th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Fair, my top 3 Nebbiolo this year were all Giacosa Barbarescos ;)

Best Barolo was probably 2004 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Ca'mia
k0berl

User avatar
Ian A
Posts: 212
Joined: November 13th, 2014, 6:37 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#11 Post by Ian A » October 16th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Diane Kessler wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:30 pm
2011 Cappellano Pie Rupestris - a real beauty
That’s good to know, is it really already drinking? I guess 11 is quite a precocious vintage.

Mine is the 01 Pie Franco but that may have been just over a year ago. Already good, showing much promise. All wines so far listed such youngsters.
Ian Amstad

Bob Hughes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6978
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 1:35 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#12 Post by Bob Hughes » October 16th, 2019, 7:13 pm

'99 Monfortino last month

Rob M
Posts: 53
Joined: September 12th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#13 Post by Rob M » October 16th, 2019, 7:20 pm

2010 G. Rinaldi Brunate. Incredible potential but also very enjoyable right now.
Rob McLaughlin

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#14 Post by Diane Kessler » October 16th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Ian A wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:46 pm
Diane Kessler wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:30 pm
2011 Cappellano Pie Rupestris - a real beauty
That’s good to know, is it really already drinking? I guess 11 is quite a precocious vintage.

Mine is the 01 Pie Franco but that may have been just over a year ago. Already good, showing much promise. All wines so far listed such youngsters.
It is drinking beautifully now.

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 937
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#15 Post by Greg K » October 16th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Yeah, the 11 Rupestris has never shut down. A spectacular wine.
Greg Kahn

User avatar
Jeremy Holmes
Posts: 6674
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#16 Post by Jeremy Holmes » October 16th, 2019, 9:17 pm

My best older Barolo of the year would be the 1958 Giuseppe E Figlio Mascarello Barolo Riserva.
ITB

User avatar
Todd Tucker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1009
Joined: May 18th, 2010, 4:49 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#17 Post by Todd Tucker » October 16th, 2019, 9:38 pm

Top three for 2019 so far:

89 Giacosa Collina Rionda
89 Giacosa Falletto Riserva
89 G. Rinaldi Brunate Riserva

User avatar
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4653
Joined: February 1st, 2009, 6:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#18 Post by Kris Patten » October 16th, 2019, 9:43 pm

AndyK wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Fair, my top 3 Nebbiolo this year were all Giacosa Barbarescos ;)

Best Barolo was probably 2004 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Ca'mia
Sounds like a good year. Make that great.
ITB

Ofer Refaeli
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 22
Joined: March 5th, 2019, 8:00 am
Location: Israel

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#19 Post by Ofer Refaeli » October 16th, 2019, 10:58 pm

Francesco Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi Riserva 2013
Burlotto Barolo Monvigliero 2015

Laurent Gibet
Posts: 912
Joined: May 1st, 2010, 9:48 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#20 Post by Laurent Gibet » October 17th, 2019, 3:31 am

Jeremy Holmes wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Probably the 2015 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Barolo Monvigliero. Had a bottle in a restaurant in Serralunga last week, then tasted it with Fabio at the winery a couple of days later. Incredible perfume, silky texture, voluminous and so long. Wide open and giving for now. Had to bust one from my cellar last night just to check if I wasn't getting too carried away in rating its greatness. It is one of the greatest young Barolo I have had.
I bought a few botltles ...
www.invinoveritastoulouse.fr

User avatar
Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 38563
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:42 pm
Location: Delmar, NY
Contact:

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#21 Post by Ken V » October 17th, 2019, 6:12 am

Todd Tucker wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 9:38 pm
Top three for 2019 so far:

89 Giacosa Collina Rionda
89 Giacosa Falletto Riserva
89 G. Rinaldi Brunate Riserva
All at one dinner! #metoo!

Though I had the 89 Giacosa Villero ahead of the Rinaldi. But you know what a Giacosa ho I am.
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek
Click on the W W W button under my name to see my website.
"Don't be meek, embrace the geek." -Terry Theise
Twitter: @FineWineGeek

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3013
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#22 Post by Mike Evans » October 17th, 2019, 6:56 am

For Barolo, it’s a toss up between 2004 and 2005 Giacomo Conterno Monfortino Riserva. For Barbaresco, it is the 1996 Giacosa Asili Riserva, followed by 1995 and 1997 Giacosa Santo Stefano.

User avatar
joz€f p1nxten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 325
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 7:18 am
Location: Luxembourg

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#23 Post by joz€f p1nxten » October 17th, 2019, 6:57 am

Laurent Gibet wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 8:39 am

Bartolo Mascarello Barolo 2011 (magnum) : 18,5/20
This strangely as well, but not from magnum. Was expecting a good wine given the year, not a great wine, but a great wine it was.
Jozef

Laurent Gibet
Posts: 912
Joined: May 1st, 2010, 9:48 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#24 Post by Laurent Gibet » October 17th, 2019, 7:06 am

joz€f p1nxten wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 6:57 am
Laurent Gibet wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 8:39 am

Bartolo Mascarello Barolo 2011 (magnum) : 18,5/20
This strangely as well, but not from magnum. Was expecting a good wine given the year, not a great wine, but a great wine it was.
That was during a verticale (2013 - 2004), in magnums :
Bartolo Mascarello Barolo 2011 (magnum) : 18,5/20
Ce millésime offre comme il se doit un vin d’emblée éblouissant, complexe : fraise, épices, orangette, fleurs, verveine menthe, touche de Havane. Bouche en confirmation, sensuelle, moelleuse et fraîche à la fois, complète, affable. Magnifiques soutiens de l’acide et de l’amer.
www.invinoveritastoulouse.fr

Subu Ramachandran
Posts: 685
Joined: May 3rd, 2017, 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#25 Post by Subu Ramachandran » October 17th, 2019, 7:07 am

Old: '64, '67 Oddero Barolo
Young: '96 Monprivato

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5898
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#26 Post by Blake Brown » October 17th, 2019, 7:26 am

Tough call as I've had many, but one that stands out is:

1998 di BRUNO GIACOSA FALLETTO di SERRALUNGA ALBA LANGHE BAROLO- this was poetry in a bottle and fortunately, my 2nd exposure having had it a couple of years ago probably from the same source; it had been decanted a couple of hours prior to serving and could have stood more, the nose offered exceptionally pleasing ripe red fruit which in the taste profile turned out to be spicy and sweet dried red cherry and raspberry; the mouthfeel was simply amazing with super soft tannins until just past mid palate when yet to evolve stiff tannins took over and strongly supported the contention this wine has the acidity and structure to go for a very long run; its extra special now with lots of promise for even greater things in the future.

I have to include another that merits mentioning:

2013 GAJA SPERSS LANGHE BAROLO- serious stuff here; it shined in every aspect, first with the vibrant youthful dark purple color and then onto the so inviting aromatics of fresh, rich and ripe dark fruit; on the palate, that translated into black raspberry, blackberry and black cherry with accents of licorice, spice and wet earth; this is an example of power and finesse even at this early stage; its structured for the long run and although really good now, this is a keeper for a few decades.
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

User avatar
Geoff F.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 96
Joined: February 22nd, 2019, 9:14 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#27 Post by Geoff F. » October 17th, 2019, 8:46 am

Bartolo Mascarello Barolo 2013. I really enjoyed it, but it started to close down tight after an hour of air which surprised me.
F r a n z

Laurent Gibet
Posts: 912
Joined: May 1st, 2010, 9:48 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#28 Post by Laurent Gibet » October 17th, 2019, 8:56 am

Geoff F. wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 8:46 am
Bartolo Mascarello Barolo 2013. I really enjoyed it, but it started to close down tight after an hour of air which surprised me.
In the verticale mentionned above, I had a tough, not ready to drink 2013 :
Bartolo Mascrello Barolo 2013 : 17/20+
Vin distingué, avec tous les attributs aromatiques et structurels d’un grand Barolo de tradition.
Notes de framboise, de terre, de camphre, de crayon noir, d’orange sanguine, de cèdre même. Substrat dense, tannique, particulièrement robuste à ce stade. Allure très renfrognée (elle rechignera à se dévoiler totalement), probablement de très longue garde.
www.invinoveritastoulouse.fr

Justin S
Posts: 279
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 9:38 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#29 Post by Justin S » October 17th, 2019, 11:30 am

I had a similar experience as Laurent with the Macarello Barolo '13. I had it from Coravin and not a huge pour, so I didn't have many sips to burn before the wine had a chance to open. But it did seem closed down and so perhaps air would not help, only time.
$ ! n g h

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 907
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#30 Post by Michael O'Brien » October 17th, 2019, 12:09 pm

2000 Domenico Clerico Barolo Ciabot Mentin Ginestra for me only because for some reason, I keep holding my Barolo and not drinking them.
PlanoWino

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 14045
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#31 Post by Jay Miller » October 17th, 2019, 12:20 pm

1999 Bruno Giacosa Falletto
Though it needed 2 hours in the glass to reach that point.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

James Billy
Posts: 963
Joined: November 10th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#32 Post by James Billy » October 17th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Jeremy Holmes wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Probably the 2015 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Barolo Monvigliero. Had a bottle in a restaurant in Serralunga last week, then tasted it with Fabio at the winery a couple of days later. Incredible perfume, silky texture, voluminous and so long. Wide open and giving for now. Had to bust one from my cellar last night just to check if I wasn't getting too carried away in rating its greatness. It is one of the greatest young Barolo I have had.
Do you sell this, Jeremy?

kyledorsey
Posts: 76
Joined: October 14th, 2018, 4:16 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NY

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#33 Post by kyledorsey » October 17th, 2019, 3:01 pm

For me, Principiano Barolo Boscareto 2004.

User avatar
James Dennis
Posts: 508
Joined: November 13th, 2011, 10:15 am
Location: McLean, Va

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#34 Post by James Dennis » October 17th, 2019, 3:39 pm

2003 Conterno Francia - Amazing bottle. Found a few more online the next day.

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3633
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#35 Post by Keith A k e r s » October 17th, 2019, 4:41 pm

AndyK wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Best Barolo was probably 2004 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Ca'mia

I have a bottle of this that I’ve been itching to open. Please talk some more about it

User avatar
Jeremy Holmes
Posts: 6674
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#36 Post by Jeremy Holmes » October 17th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Hi James,

We got a tiny allocation earlier in the year. No more left I'm afraid.

Cheers
Jeremy
ITB

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1079
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#37 Post by Sh@n A » October 17th, 2019, 5:24 pm

James Dennis wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 3:39 pm
2003 Conterno Francia - Amazing bottle. Found a few more online the next day.
Have this standing up in my wine fridge!

WOTY for me has been 2014 Beppe Brunate. I cannot explain it, but the wine hits my neurons in a way that can't be captured in a tasting note... e.g., the nose, palate etc. are all really good - and then my brain pauses for half a second to take it all in. I tried an 2011 Tre Tine without the same fan fare. I need to find a 'good year' Brunate at a reasonable price...
/ @ g r @ \

JaredT
Posts: 14
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#38 Post by JaredT » October 17th, 2019, 5:54 pm

Diane Kessler wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Ian A wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:46 pm
Diane Kessler wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:30 pm
2011 Cappellano Pie Rupestris - a real beauty
That’s good to know, is it really already drinking? I guess 11 is quite a precocious vintage.

Mine is the 01 Pie Franco but that may have been just over a year ago. Already good, showing much promise. All wines so far listed such youngsters.
It is drinking beautifully now.
What decanting regimen did you use? I have a couple bottles and am thinking about opening one.
J T a y l o r

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 937
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#39 Post by Greg K » October 17th, 2019, 6:10 pm

JaredT wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Diane Kessler wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Ian A wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:46 pm

That’s good to know, is it really already drinking? I guess 11 is quite a precocious vintage.

Mine is the 01 Pie Franco but that may have been just over a year ago. Already good, showing much promise. All wines so far listed such youngsters.
It is drinking beautifully now.
What decanting regimen did you use? I have a couple bottles and am thinking about opening one.
Pop and pour imho. Maybe give it 15-30 minutes to breathe.
Greg Kahn

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1079
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#40 Post by Sh@n A » October 17th, 2019, 6:13 pm

JaredT wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 5:54 pm
What decanting regimen did you use? I have a couple bottles and am thinking about opening one.
At an offline earlier this year both the Rupestris and Barolo '11s were slow o'd for 12 hours, and folks felt this was too much air. I'd go with Greg's recommendation.
/ @ g r @ \

User avatar
AndyK
Posts: 247
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#41 Post by AndyK » October 17th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Keith A k e r s wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 4:41 pm
AndyK wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Best Barolo was probably 2004 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Ca'mia

I have a bottle of this that I’ve been itching to open. Please talk some more about it
2004 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Ca'mia - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (10/4/2019)
Phenomenal nose of tar, red cherries, violets, leather, and just a hint of underwood. I could smell the wine across the rooms while in the decanter... Great balance on the palate with medium+ acidity, quite well integrated tannins and flavors of red berries, tar, new leather, and smoke. Very long, lingering finish. Outstanding Barolo, probably drinking close to peak. What a wine! (96 pts.)

My wife and I absolutely loved it!
k0berl

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3633
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#42 Post by Keith A k e r s » October 18th, 2019, 6:07 am

AndyK wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 7:07 pm
Keith A k e r s wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 4:41 pm
AndyK wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Best Barolo was probably 2004 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Ca'mia

I have a bottle of this that I’ve been itching to open. Please talk some more about it
2004 Fratelli Brovia Barolo Ca'mia - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (10/4/2019)
Phenomenal nose of tar, red cherries, violets, leather, and just a hint of underwood. I could smell the wine across the rooms while in the decanter... Great balance on the palate with medium+ acidity, quite well integrated tannins and flavors of red berries, tar, new leather, and smoke. Very long, lingering finish. Outstanding Barolo, probably drinking close to peak. What a wine! (96 pts.)

My wife and I absolutely loved it!


Thanks [cheers.gif]

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7407
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#43 Post by K John Joseph » October 18th, 2019, 7:26 am

Michael O'Brien wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 12:09 pm
2000 Domenico Clerico Barolo Ciabot Mentin Ginestra for me only because for some reason, I keep holding my Barolo and not drinking them.
The 2010 of this exact wine was my fave. But I think I had a grand total of 4 Baroli this year (though I bout about a case to stash away!).
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
Dale McClaran
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1477
Joined: May 28th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Location: Seattle WA

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#44 Post by Dale McClaran » October 18th, 2019, 8:08 am

2001 Altare Brunate. Label it as modernist or however you like, but I know a great wine when it's right of front of me and all the boxes were checked on this one, with years to go.
GO HAWKS!

User avatar
Mattstolz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1349
Joined: June 26th, 2017, 7:46 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#45 Post by Mattstolz » October 18th, 2019, 8:40 am

THis post just made me realize that I drink a lot of Nebbiolo but almost no Barolo. Interesting.

Anyways my favorite Nebbiolo this year was a 1970 Gaja Infernot.

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 11:46 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#46 Post by Diane Kessler » October 18th, 2019, 10:08 am

JaredT wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Diane Kessler wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Ian A wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:46 pm

That’s good to know, is it really already drinking? I guess 11 is quite a precocious vintage.

Mine is the 01 Pie Franco but that may have been just over a year ago. Already good, showing much promise. All wines so far listed such youngsters.
It is drinking beautifully now.
What decanting regimen did you use? I have a couple bottles and am thinking about opening one.
I just pop and poured.

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3368
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#47 Post by RyanC » October 18th, 2019, 10:39 am

I did not drink nearly enough Barolo this year. The best was a beautiful, silky, perfumed bottle of 2008 Bartolo Mascarello.
C@ughey

User avatar
Brady Daniels
Posts: 1889
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 7:24 am

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#48 Post by Brady Daniels » October 18th, 2019, 11:47 am

This board drinks it’s barolo far younger than we did just five years ago. Interesting.
-Brady D on CT - Omnivinovore

D. HEIN
Posts: 143
Joined: September 21st, 2013, 7:41 pm

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#49 Post by D. HEIN » October 18th, 2019, 11:55 am

Indeed, Prunotto, Monte Stefano!


BAROLO-1978.jpg
Donn Hein

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3633
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: What is your Barolo of the year ?

#50 Post by Keith A k e r s » October 18th, 2019, 1:33 pm

K John Joseph wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 7:26 am
Michael O'Brien wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 12:09 pm
2000 Domenico Clerico Barolo Ciabot Mentin Ginestra for me only because for some reason, I keep holding my Barolo and not drinking them.
The 2010 of this exact wine was my fave. But I think I had a grand total of 4 Baroli this year (though I bout about a case to stash away!).


Hit me up the next time you’re in Chicago, I think I can treble that in one night!

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”