Friday October 18 Is International Champagne Day

I’ll be drinking a Labruyere Anthologie Brut Rose. What will you be opening?

Didn’t know about the champagne day Michael, will try a Bereche blanc de blanc if recuperate in time!

Just about every day is champagne day in our house and since my wife is from the Netherlands, it gets internationally acclaimed as well. We did establish champagne Friday many years ago, so it is fitting this year to add another reason to pop some good bubbly. Tomorrow, Friday October 18, it’ll be a NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose {as it was yesterday}.

Almost every day you drink Champagne at home?!
Sounds like a fun house!

A small group of us are getting together for a weekend offline. Champagne is definitely on the list. Tomorrow we are having 2006 Dom Pérignon and 2008 Dom Pérignon. We decided to celebrate International Champagne Day again on Saturday as well. On Saturday we are having 2002 Dom Ruinart Champagne Blanc de Blancs and 2004 Delamotte Champagne Blanc de Blancs. Funny how that worked out. All of the names start with the letter “D.” That was not intentional.

D for let’s get “Drunk” champagne.gif

Damn good Decisions

Same here - after tasting and testing a lot of Cabernet, my go to for relaxation is Champagne. Was recently gifted a bottle of 2006 Billecart Nicolas Francois - any experience with that one?

Merrill, you’ll love the Nicolas Francois, but be careful not to love it too much for every day drinking as it is pricy= ~ $130.

Why is it “International” Champagne day? Champagne is only French.

I had that feeling. champagne.gif

Not according to Korbel.

[rofl.gif] champagne.gif

Cool - I thought we had invented champagne Friday’s, but apparently not. Grand idea though and we have embraced it as Lily Bollinger had. And now we will also join in the International Champagne Day festivities too. Such good information from this site…
champagne.gif
Will try the NV Delamotte for this Friday.
Cheers!