TN: 2017 Argyle Pinot Noir Reserve (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley)

• 2017 Argyle Pinot Noir Reserve - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (10/12/2019)
    Day 1: First reviewer on this wine. Very light color. Floral, underbrush, strawberry, wood and dust. Very flavorful on the initial taste and then picks up some wood and underbrush character. Very much the style I enjoy. Solid but not as good as the 2016 yet. 91 points
    Day 2: Elegant featuring wonderful perfume, floral, underbrush, strawberry, spice and wood. Picks up a nice dusty quality on the finish. On day 2 the finish is more concentrated and longer. This is a really nice wine that has improved on day 2. 92 points
    Day 3: Picking up some game notes along with strawberry, spice, floral and underbrush. Medium plus finish and good acidity. This is a really well made wine. 92 points
    Recommendation: This is great right out of the gate. Should drink well through 2025. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

John, great note. I tried their Pinots for the first time in fall of ‘18, when I was there for a (really fantastic) tasting of their sparkling wines.

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed their Pinots. If it wasn’t our very first stop in a weekend of tastings I might have picked a couple up.

I had their Nuthouse bottling at Peter H’s place last fall. It was 15+ years old. Very nice and shows how these pinots can age nicely.

John, great note. I tried their Pinots for the first time in fall of ‘18, when I was there for a (really fantastic) tasting of their sparkling wines.

The vintage Brut is always a solid for under $20.
Cheers,
John