TN: 2015 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon RBS Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard

• 2015 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon RBS Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (10/9/2019)
    I managed to lose track of the calendar and scheduled a business dinner for breaking the fast on Yom Kippur. All put together, I decided to go with the serious stuff and this was the first item I grabbed in the cellar. Double decanted about two hours before drinking it. This is obviously still a baby, but EXCEPTIONAL. It is way beyond just approachable now, Red fruit, not sweet cherry but more plum-ish with dark cherry. Extremely smooth and, if I am allowed to be politically incorrect, a very sexy wine without being slutty. The alcohol was not intrusive and nothing while drinking it made me even think to check the ABV, so I don’t know what it was. I have stopped buying Schrader because they were bought by the mega-ultra conglomerate, but there was nothing wrong with the wine, at least under the old regime.

This came in a five bottle box with other cuvees. The correct approach, assuming I can keep my hands off them, is to space out the remaining four in two or three year increments. I do not expect that they will even peak by then, but I’m too old to wait. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note!