TN: 2017 J. Christopher Sauvignon Blanc Uber-Saugvignon Croft Vineyard

• 2017 J. Christopher Sauvignon Blanc Uber-Saugvignon Croft Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (10/13/2019)
    If you would have told me that I would have come home from a great day of tasting at Kelley Fox, Brick House, and J. Christopher, and one of the top three wines tasted was a $45 Sav Blanc, I think you could have won a sizable wager. Bought one and had it last night, dead ringer for a high end Sancerre. Lightest color imaginable, slightest tint of straw, this had no discernible fruit such as lime or gooseberry. Instead, this was gravel and earth, great palate coverage, intense but not from over done acidity but a constant mineral themed tenacity that extended throughout the wine. Loved this and worth the tariff. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Dale, nice review. FWIW, I can also recommend to you the Oregon SB that Andrew Rich makes with fruit also from the Croft Vineyard. Not a ringer for Sancerre, but to me it combines appealing qualities of both Sancerre and the better NZ style Sauvignon Blancs. Might be worth a try at about half the tariff.
Cheers. -Jim

Thanks Jim, I’m on the lookout for it!

Patricia Green’s Sauvignon Blanc, which I just tasted for the first time this month, is not just my favorite in Oregon but anywhere. Incredible intensity. Also, half the price of the J Christopher.

J. Christopher makes some really amazing wines!