Hommage to Shake Ridge Ranch

I was getting ready to open a Desire Lines '16 Shake Ridge Syrah and I came upon this article. Like the Stolo Estate Vineyard in Cambria, this vineyard has given me a whole new perspective on an AVA.

To a person, they say they are drawn to Shake Ridge Ranch by an abiding confidence in the character and quality of the grapes due to Kraemer’s informed and precise care of the vines.

“This is the most meticulously planted, thoughtfully curated vineyard I’ve ever seen. She grows all her grapes as well as she grows the Grenache we buy,” says Osborne, who gets Grenache from seven other California vineyards.

Fantastic article Mike. Thanks for sharing.

That’s a great article, Mike - thanks for the link.

Of course I’m not the talented writer that Mike Dunne is, but I did do a write-up on a visit with Ann at Shake Ridge back in late 2013 for Grape-Nutz.com if anyone is interested in looking at that.
Shake Ridge Ranch / Yorba Wines

Outstanding article that explains a lot about this exceptional vineyard Ken - thanks!!!

Tasting note on the '16 Desire Lines Syrah:

10/9/2019 - I LIKE THIS WINE: 93 points
14% abv. Deep ruby purple, very aromatic ++ aromatics. On the palate, bright, tart cherry, saddle leather with floral and mint highlights. Excellent depth, length and concentration, beautifully mannered. This is a great young syrah, probably several years before hitting its stride.

A great note for those who haven’t tried Cody’s wines yet. It’s really not just lip service when Morgan raves about them, everything I’ve opened has been delicious.

I am looking forward to the Desire Lines wines. Just got notice of shipping. I have enjoyed Shake Ridge wines from Dirty & Rowdy and A Tribute to Grace. I believe the base Syrah from Bedrock now includes grapes from there. I also have a Jolie-Laide red wine from Shake Ridge coming this fall too.

If you get a chance, try Enfield’s Shake Ridge Tempranillo. Nice stuff.

Nice article. Ann Kraemer is one of the best growers around and a super nice person willing to share her experience. Many years ago we visited with her to understand her experience with growing barbera.