Has anyone ever come across this bottle before

deleted

Unfortunately, cracking the bottle won’t bring him back, but it may dull the pain for a while… newhere

I know nothing about it, but that’s quite a collector’s item.

Cool-looking bottle!

Part of this group?

Nah, much cooler because it is probably real. Were those bottles etched in Germany along with the 1787 Lafitte which sold with a laurel and Hardy handshake ultimately to an insurance company after a waiter at a cocktail party smashed into it and broke the unauthenticated bottle. Oh, My!

Since storage conditions are unknown and since VA can have some pretty warm summers…it is a commemorative bottle which would benefit from a creative sales strategy.

I don’t know if the broken bottle ended up with an insurance company, but it was Bill Sokolin who ran home during a dinner at the Four Seasons to get his Thomas Jefferson bottle to show off. (He had been unable to sell it at a six-figure price.) He brought it in a plastic grocery bag and knocked it against a waiter’s cart. I don’t think anyone has ever blamed the waiter.

I am slightly familiar with this wine. It has a very precise best day to drink: January 20, 2021.

Looking forward to your joyous tasting note!

[cheers.gif]

Cool bottle. Lucky you! flirtysmile