White Truffles and Barolo

The season has started early, it is of very decent quality and I’m giving it absolutely everything. A couple of beautiful Barolo over the past two days to wash the truffles down with.

2013 Giuseppe Rinaldi Barolo Tre Tine: It had a wonderfully pure nose of wild cherry, balsamic, rose petal and menthol. It was rich and layered, with an intense core of fruit and so much savoury nuance. It was velvety but with underlying grip and balance and proportion were outstanding. Flavours linger for a very long time.

2015 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Barolo Monvigliero: It had an engaging nose of rose petals and the heady scent of blossom. Red fruit flavours were direct and intense, and it was layered with flavour and possessed a silky mouthfeel. Tannins are sinewy and it is a wine that really fans out on the finish. Brilliant harmony and balance.

Sounds great. Are they in the middle of vintage? Much precipitation? Oh and can you grab me a case of the Rinaldi while you’re there?

I’m sitting in Barolo now, waiting for an (my only, to pick up my wines) appointment at CBM. Some have already finished, some began only today (was in Ovello this morning). Most Nebbiolo that’s not already harvested, should be within next 10 days. Have been tasting in vineyards since 1 week ago; some rain may arrive tomorrow.

Both G Rinaldi Tre Tine ‘13 and Burlotto Monvigliero ‘15 are of my favorites, enjoy :yum:

All Barbera and Dolcetto is in Kent. A fair bit of Nebbiolo in, Luca Currado had just picked Rocche when we saw him Wednesday. As Tim notes, the rest of the Nebbiolo should be in within the next 7-10 days. Quality looks really good.