TN: 2018 Domaine Petit Clocher Anjou Blanc

While the '99 Chateau Musar stands in the on-deck circle, we opened the latest vintage of a wine that I try to grab whenever I see it. I admit to a bias in favor of the producer because of personal memories, but this 2018 Anjou Blanc is a very good wine, maybe even outstanding. Drier than other favorite vintages in my memory - I am thinking of 2013 in particular, this wine offers rich, ripe, spicy, warming fruit. Not a “refreshing” white wine, but full-flavored, almost intense, and delicious. I question my judgement a bit because of my personal bias; I would love to serve this blind to a group of wine geeks. Has anyone else tasted this wine?
anjou 2018.jpg

Yes, Petit Clocher’s wines are direct imported by a local grocery store chain here in the Seattle metro area (PCC) so we regularly see the blanc, rouge and a couple of different roses here. I’ve always found them to be excellent values and the Cab Franc drinks well young as well as with some age. Pretty sure K&L direct imports them too. I’ve only had the 2018 once, and it was with a bunch of other wines, but I recall finding it almost tannic, the way structured Chenin can sometimes be. I liked it a lot but maybe it wouldn’t be my choice for a summer garden party.